Can we say wide...

triton

Yes, those th2g layouts are fine for the flyer I'm sure but it's difficult to make decent screenies from them isn't it?  Much too thin really, but you've done as good a job as any I've seen using those things.

Looks as if it's working well though.  Some people on another forum which shall be nameless had a hell of a job to get them working well when they first had them.  They're all right now.  I suppose it was the usual thing in flight simming of the suppliers getting the public to buy and become beta testers for them by their complaints!  Still, I suppose they feel that if it works for Microsoft it'll work for them! ;D

I bet they increase the enjoyment of flying no end though.  Wish I had the space!  Well, and the money! ;)

John

John,

I'm not sure where you get your info from, but triple head2go is a tried and proven (and much used) technology with gaming and flight sim.

The Company is well respected in the graphic industry and has never used people to beta test any of their products to my knowledge (unless you are referring to beta drivers which most manufacturers produce).

I've personally used the triple head2go analog and then progressed to digital and the product has been on a lot of systems in my home and a lot of operating systems as well and worked flawlessly.

Windows 7, the latest operating system does not even need drivers, it loads straight from the box.

As far as decent screenies go, I post quite a lot of screeny's here and all of mine are wide screen from my triple head2go. I think they are pretty decent.

And triton, I like these screeny's too, mate,

Frank

Yes, those th2g layouts are fine for the flyer I'm sure but it's difficult to make decent screenies from them isn't it?  Much too thin really, but you've done as good a job as any I've seen using those things.

Looks as if it's working well though.  Some people on another forum which shall be nameless had a hell of a job to get them working well when they first had them.  They're all right now.  I suppose it was the usual thing in flight simming of the suppliers getting the public to buy and become beta testers for them by their complaints!  Still, I suppose they feel that if it works for Microsoft it'll work for them! ;D

I bet they increase the enjoyment of flying no end though.  Wish I had the space!  Well, and the money! ;)

John

Well Let me tell you.. Matrox is a reputable company and al that lot's of folk have been using these for a while.. However  :o it's still a fiddle to get working especially on Windows7 with triple mode widescreen. I took a chance on a second hand th2g digital that came up on ebay and thought ya beauty when i got it for under half price.. 3 Days later trying to get it to work and it was almost going back!

I took the money I saved on it and bought a third 24" monitor.. giving me 3 the same.. then I discovered that to run the highest resolution your monitor needs to support a refresh of 57... gulp. by pure fluke mine was listed as supporting it..

Then i looked at the forums... others with supported monitors could not get the higher resolutions to run after they installed the RTM version of windows7.. it worked on the RC go figure! can you guess what I'd just done ::)

Yip Just installed the RTM of Windows 7 and you guessed it it wouldnt work..  gave up after 3 days trying.. and waited hoping that Matrox would released an official windows 7 driver which they did, but still no joy.. The nvidia driver would crash when I sellected the higher resolutions (imature? windows 7 driver...who knows) finally last night I got it working by going back to a set of 64bit Vista drivers ( I tried 5 different ones!).. Hopefully The later Nvidia drivers can be fixed to support this because it's ver good and immersive. the sense of speed from flying is now so much better.

Sure cost is an Issue, but it's a lot less than a years Golf membership (which I wont have a lot of time to play now)  ;D ;D

And Screenshots will be Great! I have a much larger Canvas to Crop From.. Just wait and see....

Cheers

Maurice

My, aren't we sensitive today!  I thought I had made myself clear.  Apparently not.  I wasn't complaining about Matrox at all.  I'm sure they're as good as you say.  The people I was referring to have had theirs working fine for a long time.  I was referring to a few years ago when they were originally launched.  I don't think they were even supplied by the same company but I'm not sure.  And that some companies sell products before they are really ready for the market and use their customer's complaints to do their beta testing for them.  

I didn't even criticise the sceenshots.  I actually complemented them for goodness sake.  Only that it is difficult to make them look anything on a smallish computer screen when they're so thin.

Anyway, forget it.

John

Thanks John.

no offence taken by me, I can relate to your comments i guess that's experience talking.

not sure if I was being over sensative or what. 3 days ago I was for throwing this in the bin  ;D ;D ;D

Many moons ago I only bought Matrox hardware because they had stable drivers and build quality.. then the world went 3d.

VR100 I think ( it had excellent AA, and 3d glasses)

then 3DFX..

then...... $$$$$

:D :D I'm back on Nvidia for Flight Sim and ATI for my Car Rig.

Yes we can say wide! And very nice too!  ;D

Interesting to read of your problem getting it to work under Win7. While mine will work with the native W7 drivers, I can no longer get the full res out of it -- it will only go up to 3840 x 1024. And of course, since this is not the native resolution of the monitors (1920x1080), it looks.... rubbish. Oddly, before I put W7 RTM on, it ran quite happily at full res. Strange!

Yes we can say wide! And very nice too!  ;D

Interesting to read of your problem getting it to work under Win7. While mine will work with the native W7 drivers, I can no longer get the full res out of it -- it will only go up to 3840 x 1024. And of course, since this is not the native resolution of the monitors (1920x1080), it looks.... rubbish. Oddly, before I put W7 RTM on, it ran quite happily at full res. Strange!

Well I tried similar to this..

180.xx MS download released : FAIL

190.56 from guru3d (reported to work) FAIL

190.57 from Nvidia developer area : FAIL

190.62 (latest( FAIL

190.89 Guru3d beta relase : FAIL

190.56 Tweaktown : FAIL

182.5 PASS -

There was a trick to getting 182.5 to even install.

Removed contents of C:\Nvidia

now Extract 182.5 Driver to C:\Nvidia (or wherever you keep them.)

Remove the driver in device manager and reboot

when it has rebooted, it will pick up 186.xx automagically - DO NOT REBOOT when asked!! > leave the reboot requester on screen.

whilst this is up, right click your vid card in device manage, select update driver, and manually select the 182.5 driver from the folders it unpacks to when you run it (if you've not run it make sure it's set to run Vista SP1 compatibility).

That should do it.

I followed the instructions above and loaded the driver.. then ran the matrox wizard.. I didn't pick the 5040 resolution instead i selected the 1440x900 it appeared to not complain about a windows error..as it had setting the higher resolutions before.

Reboot.. up it came. matrox reconfig followed the boot and it booted into a blank screen... nut's

I hit the reset button and rebooted again. this time it came up and displayed at the new resolution.1440x900x3x60

I reached for the change resolution slider in windows and there it was.. 5040 ...

Don't know if this will help Good Luck.

Cheers M

In case you have taken my retort the wrong way, John, I was merely pointing out some facts, as I see them. It was not a personal attack on you.

I suppose I feel that this forum, unlike so many others, is brimming with good info and reports of what is new in the flight sim industry, both hardware and software wise.

There seems to be a higher general awareness of product capabilities and thier foibles and the realisation that forums such as these have great influence when it comes to the sales of those products.

Many of these manufacturers are just like you and I (well, not me personally, I'm retired and live the life of Reilly), trying to make a living in a tough industry.

As such, I feel it behoves all of us to do a little research and be aware of our comments and be fair with our criticisms.

I have no problem with people canning a product, if it is so deserved. It can (and has) saved me a lot of money.

Frank

Ooooh, this is very nice indeed. I really wait for the super wide-screen monitors (those without a frame cutting through your picture  ;D). Still way to expensive, but the time will come for sure. They are developing a flexible film right now which can be applied to any concave frame - imagine you have a monitor bending 180 degree around you. Bye bye TrackIR...

Great shots, This is the resolution I fly at and it is a pure joy, yeah the screenshots turn out a little wide and thin, but when you are actually simming it's simply amazing.

I also only got it to work with those drivers and an older TH2Go firmware update, but once it's all set up and running, it's hard to go back to anything different.

How are you frames, mine took a beating when I switched to 5040 x 1050 but I twiddled around and now have them locked at 18fps.

what are your system specs?

Great shots, This is the resolution I fly at and it is a pure joy, yeah the screenshots turn out a little wide and thin, but when you are actually simming it's simply amazing.

I also only got it to work with those drivers and an older TH2Go firmware update, but once it's all set up and running, it's hard to go back to anything different.

How are you frames, mine took a beating when I switched to 5040 x 1050 but I twiddled around and now have them locked at 18fps.

what are your system specs?

Frame Rates Locked at 22fps.. although it does dip occasionally but i'm happy to say that it's smooth..as long as it's smooth i dont care about the frame rate..

System Specs:

I7 920 overclocked to 4Ghz

6Gb Ram ( not the fast stuff!)

Gigabyte MB

GTX 285 Graphics Card.

Soundblaster XiFI Sound Card

Monitors are BenQ 2420HD's

Thanks to you all for the positive comments and encouragement on the Screen shots.

Any recomendations for a replacement for FSNavigator for FSX.. I really miss that program.. :'( :'(  ;D

Any recomendations for a replacement for FSNavigator for FSX.. I really miss that program.. :'( :'(  ;D

I use FSCommander on a network PC and i really like it. A registered FSUIPC/FSWide is required though, but therefor you skip the simconnect drama  ;D. If you use a single PC you need to stay in windowed mode though... But f.e. a small laptop via network would do the trick perfectly.

Archived