FSX and Central 3 missing region

Pipe

Hello all, I have read a lot of posts but i'm not sure where I stand in particular with my problem.. So here goes, I started FSX in steam as a fresh install with Central 3. My boxed versions were approved for install through C3, they installed just fine. Today I purchased the So-Cal region and installed it via C3. Everything seemed flawless as far as I could tell with the download and installation process however when I launch FSX the So-Cal region does not show up in my registry in the FSX scenery library section, all of my other product do though. I show N-Rockies-Pacific Fjords-PNW-Southern Alaska and a few airports that I have purchased. I don't have any Global Base or Vector installed.

Southern California does show up in my Central 3 control panel and says it is up to date. I am sure I may have missed something in the forums that pertains to my problem, but I'm not sure if this a Steam based issue or what is really is, as for my other installs were perfect as far as I can tell. I have been away from FSX and ORBX for a few years and I sure would hate to mess up a good thing with my system as it is. Any ideas relating to my dilemma would would be appreciated.

13 hours ago, Pipe said:

Hello all, I have read a lot of posts but i'm not sure where I stand in particular with my problem.. So here goes, I started FSX in steam as a fresh install with Central 3. My boxed versions were approved for install through C3, they installed just fine. Today I purchased the So-Cal region and installed it via C3. Everything seemed flawless as far as I could tell with the download and installation process however when I launch FSX the So-Cal region does not show up in my registry in the FSX scenery library section, all of my other product do though. I show N-Rockies-Pacific Fjords-PNW-Southern Alaska and a few airports that I have purchased. I don't have any Global Base or Vector installed.

Southern California does show up in my Central 3 control panel and says it is up to date. I am sure I may have missed something in the forums that pertains to my problem, but I'm not sure if this a Steam based issue or what is really is, as for my other installs were perfect as far as I can tell. I have been away from FSX and ORBX for a few years and I sure would hate to mess up a good thing with my system as it is. Any ideas relating to my dilemma would would be appreciated.

Order #59df9f2ff12e3

Hello,

where did you find the file and is there also an FSX-SE folder there?

At the very least, you should use the Insertion Point tool to palce the FTX icon below the lowest of

your other addon scenery, not below the vehicle libraries as it is now.

You should read up on where to put the Tongass Fjords entries and your SCA entries are there.

I found the first cfg file exactly where you told me to look but there is also a FSX-SE file next to it and I have attached the cfg file down below from that folder for your review. Both of theses files are on my C drive and I have steam and FSX installed on another drive names J drive.

Scenery.CFG

Thanks.

If you don't see SCA in your in game scenery library, it looks like you may

have persuaded FTX Central to write to the FSX scenery.cfg

file but that the simulator is reading from the FSX-SE scenery.cfg file.

There is a topic here that would help you sort this out if it is the case.

I'm on it, Thanks for your response, it seems odd as this has just happened to the last install. Something must have went in a weird way, I will read that info you sent me.

Thanks for your time Nick.

Roy

Archived