Archerfield Flying

Sir Ash

Hey guys,

Got some great shots here for you of some flying i have been doing in and out of Archerfield, the nearest airport to my house on the southside of Brisbane.

This was doing a delivery in Air Hauler, from Archerfield to Port Macquarie in real time weather (last weekend) with REX...

I like this shot in particular, taking off from Archerfield...

Posted Image

Finally got out of the cloud and rain once near Coffs Harbour to witness a beautiful sunset...

Posted Image

Still heading south, clouds clearing more...

Posted Image

Coming around north of Taree getting ready to line up with PMQ...

Posted Image

Unfortunately, just before coming into land, the game crashed while attempting to load REX weather. As for the blurred textures, I had most of the flight on way fast forward (x8) so I could quickly do it, since I had to go do something else after. I could of had saved the flight, but I really wanted to get it over and done with to get my company up.

I also did another quick flight too the weekend before, to test out the real weather feature with REX, there were some storms around in the sunset/evening. Although REX doesn't read weather radar and lightning from the Australian weather stations and because of the lack, it wasn't as accurate, though the pilot reports recorded the rain quite accurately.

Taking off from Archerfield...

Posted Image

Coming into land at Brisbane International (was windy, full of turbulence but still managed to just land)...

Posted Image

Once again, massive thanks to the OrbX team for their FTX scenery, payware and freeware. Also thanks to the OzX team and their scenery, and for the Archerfield airport, though still has a few bugs with invisible buildings and aircraft, but still great to see it. OrbX, I'm really looking forward to your YBBN scenery, definitely will be pre-paying for it.

Thanks guys.

Might also post up a few more from a more recent quick flight I did from Archerfield to Amberley, to test out real time weather and the recommended themes suggested on these forums...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've also been recently using slew mode to take some more scenic pictures. Will show some later on once I get some spectacular ones for you.;)

Archived