Europe LC wont install

danmc84

Hi everyone , I'm new to FTX having changed over from GEX , I have installed FTX global and works fine and really impressed with the results so thought id go ahead and purchase Open LC Europe .

This is where I'm stuck , on install it seems to get upto around 80% and stops and I get the below message , I have tried the manual download and I get the same result .I have also turned off my anti virus and made sure I have enough space in my c drive but still wont install .

Please any help would be much appreciated , I just want to get flying !! 

thanks

Capture.PNG

Hello,

Although you have moved your Temp folder to your D: drive there is still not enough space on your C: drive.

As a rough guide you will require a space of 2 - 3 times the size of the download, once downloaded it is then unpacked which will be at the minimum the same size as the download.

Are there programs that you do not use on C: that you could delete to make more room ?

Do you have 1 drive that is partitioned to C: and D: where you could resize D: smaller and enlarge C: ?

You have not stated which Simulator you have, if you have P3Dv4, one other option is to move the Package Cache folder from C: to D: this will release 12gb of space.

18 hours ago, danmc84 said:

Hi everyone , I'm new to FTX having changed over from GEX , I have installed FTX global and works fine and really impressed with the results so thought id go ahead and purchase Open LC Europe .

This is where I'm stuck , on install it seems to get upto around 80% and stops and I get the below message , I have tried the manual download and I get the same result .I have also turned off my anti virus and made sure I have enough space in my c drive but still wont install .

Please any help would be much appreciated , I just want to get flying !! 

thanks

Capture.PNG

Hi smudger thanks so much for your reply there are probably a few other things I could move from my c drive ,and sorry it's fsx se I'm running ,I have a 128 gb ssd for my c drive which has all my fsx add-ons ect on and a 1 tb for my d drive with around 700 gb free space so I should be able to move some add on to my d drive ,I'll let you know how I get on thanks again

Archived