Scenery Screwed Up

jb44mag

fsx 2017-09-12 12-06-58-24.jpg

fsx 2017-09-12 11-12-38-39.jpg

I have been troubleshooting poor frame rates for the last several months.  Many OOM errors and program crashes.  Testing using FSX default 172.  Frame rates for this aircraft at airports in the FTX region around 10.

I have unchecked all FTX/ORBX scenery many times to try and isolate the problem, but not successful in isolating to a particular region.  I re-checked all FTX and ORBX lists.

I have reduced all settings significantly to get reasonable frame rates, and have been able to complete several long flight plans without OOM, using default AC. I have returned all settings to ORBX recommendations and put the 172 at KSEA.  What a surprise.  Scenery totally is totally screwed up.  Large, what appears to be dirt berms in the middle of the airport.  Runways totally screwed up.

Placed the AC at Santa Monica (KSMO).  Scenery poor.  Most buildings missing and the golf course missing. Frame rates poor.

Unchecked all FTX/ORBX scenery and looked at KSEA.  Airport looks "default normal" no anomalies.

I have all FTX land classes for the USA, Oceana, and South America; including trees and Global Vector.

Scenery has been undergoing a continuous deterioration for some time this year. I'm going to try and attach a couple of KSEA screen shots.

Suggestions?

-Old Jim

Archived