FTX Ireland Poolbeg

Tim Smith

I bought FTX Ireland a few months ago specifically to solve the problem of the oversized Poolbeg power station chimneys from impacting on the approach path to Dublin airport. Was disappointed to see that it was still majorly oversized with the towers approaching 2000ft with the real ones not even 700ft high.  Life got busy and I didnt get round to posting here at the time, but now I'm actually in Dublin for the first time I came to realise just how ridiculously oversized the FSX/P3D chimneys are. Aircraft flying over them on approach had plenty of clearance. I would of thought that such an anomaly would have been fixed as it impacts flying into the main air hub in one of your 'full' regions. Hence why I took the plunge to buy the product (which is great apart from this issue). Hopefully we get a resolution to this soon and I can fly into Dublin without cringing.  

Transaction ID: 592ead550d0f9

Hello Tim,

welcome to the forums.

The Poolbeg Generating Station is a default FSX/P3D object.

We cannot interfere with default FSX/P3D objects.

You can resize for yourself it using Model Converter X.

It is not difficult, I have done this today, having never used it before.

As they were

image.jpg

They are very tall, almost 700 feet, so Microsoft only have it at twice the correct size. :)

As they are now

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First, I am a complete novice, so any advice may not be the best way.

I loaded the dublin.bgl and cycled through the models to the power station.

then I selected transform object and scale object.

I deselected lock axes and then reduced the Z axis by trial and error to the right size.

Then I selected export objects to FSX bgl and exported them to a new dublin.bgl.

Archived