Abnormal features screenshots - RCLY Lanyu Airport

Dodo

As suggested in the general discussion forum, from time to time I find some unrealistic features and I was wondering if it will be of any help to post a screen capture here. As an example:

Using FTX Global Base and Vector with P3D4. Approaching RCLY (Lang Yu I, Taiwan) at dusk I have found it displaced from the coast and flooded (field elevation 0').

I think it is a FSX/P3D problem since in the airport database it also appears offshore, so probably few things can be done here.

RCLY according to Google Earth. The RCLY dot shows airport position according to FSX/P3D database.

5GeRnEv.jpg

Now, this one is an ingame capture from above.

WVsykwn.jpg

That is what I have found when arriving at the airport. Downwind.

bMX5MUI.jpg

Turning to final.

0p2kWgj.jpg

It was scary when TWR told me to exit runway...

x0ZK0ky.jpg

And a couple of shots taken the following morning before departure. It looks less flooded, less dangerous.

ipTozTw.jpg

ZP7a2Po.jpg

Please, just tell me if it is of any use if I keep posting things like that.

Regards,

• Nick Cooper changed the title to Abnormal features screenshots - RCLY Lanyu Airport

Hello,

This kind of problem is more suited to a post in the FTX enhanced airport request topic.

If you find a problem that you can attribute to any of the FTX products, by all means post it

but please make your topic title relevant to the problem that it refers to.

You will see that I have edited this one.

Since it is raining outside and I cannot finish the job I started, I have moved the airport much

closer to where it should be for you.

You will find the files attached.

2017-9-1_17-4-48-560.jpg

RCLY.zip

Hey Guys

There's an FSX scenery available at flightsim.com 

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=58459400

The installation is a bit tricky. Just use the default path the installation proposes. There, only a .dll file is placed for the uninstall and repair routine. The scenery you will find in the FSX Addon Scenery folder. Copy this to your prefered P3D4 Addon Scenery directory. Then, I found a problem with the altitudes. Use the file added here, to fix this. I think, the designer of this airfield just forget it. I couldn't find an altitude file in my FSX scenery\world scenery. I also tricked the installation by renaming my FSX directory. No other files are installed than the ones in Addon Scenery.

Hope you get it to work too. 

Regards

Dan

RCLY_ADEP3_DM_ALT.bgl

Archived