Help downloading and installing FTX Global BASE Pack via FTX Central

I have just recently brought the FTX Global BASE Pack for my FSX Steam Edition. After purchasing the product, I tried to click on the "Download via FTX Central" option, as it was strongly recommended, however, the option does not seem to respond and just stays on the same page. Is there a way to overcome this simple problem? I have tried removing any pop up blockers, but still no luck.

Alternatively, using the "Manual Download" option. This option worked, however, I am having difficulty trying to install the files as I have no clue where they go etc. 

Could anyone suggest a way to install the FTX Global BASE Pack for my FSX Steam Edition correctly, please? 

Hi, welcome to the forums,

I think you need to install FTX Central 3 on your PC, please click on the green "Get FTX Central" button at the top right corner of the Orbx Direct web page, then you will have an FTX Central 3 icon on your desktop, click on it to open FTX Central and install your product.

Cheers

Doug

• 1 month later...

Hi, I have FSX SE and installed it using steam, all OK. Didn't like graphics and bought FTX through the ORBXdirect.com website, I downloaded and installed FTX central 3 and commenced downloading AU Australia. It stalled twice so downloaded manually and selected install from my download.zip

All looked good until I went flying and the scenery is unchanged. I have looked through the steam and FSX settings but nothing is obvious.

Please advise.

Regards Mike Bos

Archived