Black day. Help!

Tailgunner

looks like a texture of one of your effects has gone awol on you Peter .............. ::)

attached the "dust" texture files

unzip the file and save the 3 included files to your ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Effects\texture folder it probably will tell you the files are allready there, just overwrite them and I must assume it will do it's thing ;)

effects_textures_dust.zip

There's this thread over at FSWC which gives you a download of all the default effect files. Copy and keep safe..precious back-up. The answer is in there somewhere. Maybe backup your damaged files then copy in and over-write with the new ones . I think I did that , cant remember, but I have gottn myself out of trouble with a spare good set of default files.

http://www.fswaterconfigurator.com/forum/index.php?topic=1105.0

Tailgunner

I have had this exact same problem months ago - first time i reinstalled FSX which cured it but didn't answer why it happened ... so ...

I recalled the ad-don aircraft i had recently installed before the effect became corrupted ... it seems that if you  (for me anyway) installed a certain aircraft it replaces the effects file used for the smoke/dust effects and when you uninstall the aircraft it doesn't replace the original back ... just removes the whole lot .... this happened when i installed a plane and didn't like it so uninstalled it .... reinstalled the aircraft and the effect is fine now .... problem is that you are almost held hostage by the offending aircraft and you cant uninstall it without losing your effects ... :-X

If this has happened to you then reinstall the aircraft ... rebuilding the FSX.cfg will not help as contains no effects files .... tried that!  :'(

Trouble is i am not entirely sure what file it is that causes the problem!

Sorry could not be of great help but am keen to know the answer to the file as well!

Cheers

Doug

Archived