KTEX Default building and elevation issue P3Dv4

ETOPS3 TTV

Hello, 
First, this comes as no surprise but you all do amazing work. I have tried to trouble shoot this issue the best I can. I am not sure why the default autogen is showing up and there seems to be a slight elevation issues. I have a long list of installed ORBX add-on's, Pilots 2018 mesh, and handful of 3rd party airports. I am running windows 10 64bit and will update my signature after this.

Steps that I have taken to try and correct the issue;  

1. Run Central Configurator
  2. Run Force Migration
  3. Checked ORBX scenery folders for bgl files. 
  4. checked selections in KTEX Control Panel

I searched the forums and found a couple of similar issues but they all occurred earlier versions of FS.  Here is poor screen shot sorry. If you need more I will be happy to take more. 

Link:r7V6nQB.jpg

Hope you all are well. 

G'day Hazmat, 

Thanks very much for the info, thanks for the thorough troubleshooting :)

We'll sort the default buildings/elevations first, and then if that doesn't fix the black terrain tear (just under the aircraft tail in your shot) we can address that later. 

1. Could you please check your P3D library, and ensure that your ORBX products are sitting above all other entries, including default scenery layers. We have seen a couple of other users report problems with their ORBX content sitting at the very bottom of their libraries. 

2. If they are incorrectly sorted, you can fix this by resetting your ORBX scenery library insertion point via FTX-Central > Settings. 

3. If after you've changed the insertion point, the ORBX entries are still sitting below all others, this is a general FTX-C issue that will be causing other problems too. If this is the case, could you please start a separate support topic in this forum so our FTX-C techs can look into it. 

- OR - 

1. You have a non-ORBX KTEX APX/ADE file causing a clash. Have a search through your other addons for possible problem files. Some AI addon packges ship with edited ADE files, or alternatively you may have another version of KTEX installed - there are a few older freeware renditions out there. 

Let me know how you go, 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Jarrad, 

Thank you for the quick response. I think you nailed it. If I had to guess this is being caused by the insertion point. I have tried to make the correction with-in Central, but it appears its not working. Most of my ORBX add-on's are in the middle or at the bottom of the scenery library. I will open another ticket in the link you provided. I started jumping around to different sceneries and they all have a similar issue. I have never seen this before but my third party airports (Latin VFR, Flight Beam) are all locked or greyed out and at the very top of the scenery library. I can't even delete one that I have uninstalled. Not sure if that may have something to do with why they are not being adjusted by Central. Anyways, thank you and I look forward to getting this sorted out soon. :) You all keep up the great work...! 

(Update)

To be honest not sure what I did differently but Central finally worked and placed all the sceneries at the top. Everything is working as advertised....! You can consider this resolved...! Thank you again...!  

Archived