Old FSX FTX AUD disc into P3D4?

BBCM

I haven't moved from FSX to P3Dv4 yet because I'm still waiting on a few things, and this is one of them.

My very first Orbx purchase was FSX FTX Australia on disc from the Flightsim shop. I never did do the disc exchange for download.

Since I assume it will be some time before a disc exchange program is set up, is it possible to manually install the disc contents and

its updates into P3Dv4?

Thanks - Bob 

PS: or maybe I should stop being so cheap and just (re-)purchase AU while it's on sale.  Or maybe I should just fly in FSX for a year or so

until all the P3Dv4 dust settles. My FSX install is running very well right now (it's more curiosity on my part about how much better

P3Dv4 may be; I've only got 4gb Vram, although the card is an EVGA GTX 980 SC playing into a 27" 1080p monitor, so not too

demanding).. 

Hello,

You can't use your DVD to install into any simulator except the one(s) it was designed for.

We have been given to understand that there will be the means to add the DVD licence to your Orbx Direct

account but it seems not to be happening.

Please don't buy it again.

Your system specs are more than adequate to run P3Dv4.

"Only" 4 gb of Vram is fine.

Thanks for the reply, I sort of figured as much, but thought I would ask anyway (some FSX sceneries seem able to slot into V4 without

too much problem).

As for repurchasing AU, at full price no. But at the sale price of $28.57 AUD, that wouldn't break the bank. I had been thinking of buying

North Germany at the same price (the only Orbx region I don'r have). But I know I just wouldn't fly there in v4  as much as I would in Australia.

If there was some kind of timeline for disc to download conversion, even if only rough, so I had some idea, I might wait, But I guess given the

relatively few number of customers involved, it's not practical to make it a priority (even myself, I'ld pick finishing OpenLC Africa over finishing

a disc to download conversion system every single time).

Anyway, the sale's on for another week or so, so I'll think a bit more about repurchasing.

Thanks again for the reply - Bob

Archived