FTX Global Not Working

Chrised03

Hi,

I recently purchased FTX Global. Below are screenshots. The terrain screenshot is of Malaga in Spain and I do not believe this is FTX Global, as I brought FTX England a few weeks ago and was much better quality. I have also attached the two screenshots saying the libraries are up to date and the other one saying that it had installed correctly. 

What am I doing wrong?

imageedit_2_2619135808.png

jn.jpg

hb.jpg

Global replaces the default textures and the autogen, making them look more real.....it is the starting point for enhancing the sim on a global scale.

FTX England is what is know as region pack..... it is a much higher definition product, far more detail, more buildings, runways etc, and specific to England only; the two products are not the same and should not be compared in the same way as they deliver different things.

May I suggest that you search for the forums for how the layers of scenery work, as I remember seeing an excellent demonstration but can't remember the link; but in the meantime please consider the following hierarchy: -

1) FTX Global Base - new base textures 

2) FTX Global Vector - accurate coastlines, roads, rivers, railway lines

3) FTX GLobal OpenLC - high detailed landclass for a zones/areas (for example: openLC Europe, openLC North America, openLC South America)

4) Fat Region - higher detailed for a region (for example: England, Wales, North America Central Rockies,North America Pacific North West, Australia, Papua New Guinea)

5) Airports - speaks for itself

The products build on top of each other in layers to build a highly detailed and immersive environment; some have dependencies between them, some don't but the dependencies are display on each product detail page should they exist. That said, you do not need to buy them all; it depends on where you fly and the type of flying you do...... for example, if only interested in local GA flying for Europe, then there would be no reason to buy the products for australia, or america.... but as most on here will agree; they are so detailed... you just have to explore lol

If you enjoy flying around Europe, then I would recommend you check out  https://orbxdirect.com/product/openlc-eu and look at the pictures and videos there shown there, this may be what you are looking for, :)

You can review the images and videos on the ORBX web site, and there are many reviews on the OpenLC Europe package online..... for example, look at the following image, which came from a quick search on youtube for openLC Europe: -

openLC.PNG

I'm afraid there are no demos, but with a little research you will find what you're after, and everyone on here is always willing to help :)

Archived