No Night Lighting at Flight Levels

downscc

The problem is that there are no night lights on the surface when I am flying at any jet flight level.  They start appearing below 14000 in descent, then once they are visible they look normal. This happens in any part of the world, with or without Regions (although I have almost all of them).  I have all the FTX Global products.  I assume this is a simple setting but so far everything posted about lighting has been how to turn it on or off, and I've not seen a mention of the problem dependent on altitude.

7 hours ago, downscc said:

The problem is that there are no night lights on the surface when I am flying at any jet flight level.  They start appearing below 14000 in descent, then once they are visible they look normal. This happens in any part of the world, with or without Regions (although I have almost all of them).  I have all the FTX Global products.  I assume this is a simple setting but so far everything posted about lighting has been how to turn it on or off, and I've not seen a mention of the problem dependent on altitude.

Unlimited or locked fps in your p3d setting? Unlimited has bugs for me I set locked 30

Wow, I would have never though up that correlation. Thanks.  I normally don't run unlimited but I have been trying it in v4 to see if there were any downside and this is one.  Back to 24 fps locked.  Now if only the night lights were not so dim as to be absolutely unrealistic but I think that is a platform problem and not something Orbx has control over.  Part of the joy of night flying is watching cities roll by underneath.  Even in the dark West Texas wide open I've seen red antenna beacons so prominent that I was momentarily spooked by thinking it was a nav light from a close encounter.  But, this is the same old stuff and at least I have the dim lights back.  Thanks again David.

Archived