roll resitance at different airports

Alexander Metzger

Hi,

I'm putting this in the FTX payware forum, though it is a small problem at the freeware airports promoted by FTX. At some airports I find, while rolling constantly at a typical taxispeed, that I need to adjust power to overcome a sudden higher roll resistance, just like it is typical for mud or grass and sometimes you can even see the little stones/dust appearing. One example is the rear part of the apron at YPMQ. On the other hand at YSCH, close to the gas station, the ground is so slippery, that you cannot brake there and crash into the gas pumps. I put the Piper cub close to the gas station on the grass and when you start the engine, even with the brakes on, you just slid over to the station.

Since ground roll is anyhow a delicate thing for airplane developers like me, may I ask the developers to pay special attention to the surface assigned to the aprons and taxiways, so that the power settings for taxi roll and also power back which are adjusted to the default airports, will work as well on the great FTX/ORBX airports.

Thanks!

Hi Alexander,

We usually 'harden' all surfaces with the appropriate 'material' but occasionally some areas can be overlooked.

I'll revisit YPMQ and check on the area you've identified.

YSCH is currently being worked on for SP3 release so it is timely that you have identified an issue there. I'll check the area around the fuel station and see what I can do.

Archived