Bonners Ferry Runway Lights

BrettT

Hi,

Last night I noticed something odd while flying into 65S Bonners Ferry.  It was night time so the runway lights should have been lit up but they didn't become visible until I was relatively close to the airport and then seemed like the lights closest to me lit up first followed by the others as I got closer to the airport.  I was not far away when the lights first started to light up, probably just south of the river, 2-3 miles away.  During this time the city lights were visible well before the runway lights were.  This struck me as odd, because typically the runway lights are visible before the city lights are.  At least this is the case for default airports.  It occurred to me that these might be controlled by a different slider than the autogen, perhaps the special effects slider.  It may be happening at other FTX airports, though I can't be certain.  I haven't done any testing, enjoying flying in the NRM too much, just posting an observation.  Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Brett

Archived