TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP & VR

aero-3fsx

I have seen some of the screen shot differences between a setting of 8 & 10 for this value

As I fly VR exclusively I am wondering if there is any benefit of using 10 as the resolution of Rift & Vive is lacking

It is mainly the much longer loading of the sim at the start with a setting of 10 that I would like to avoid if possible

Any comments or experiences?

29 minutes ago, aero-3fsx said:

I have seen some of the screen shot differences between a setting of 8 & 10 for this value

As I fly VR exclusively I am wondering if there is any benefit of using 10 as the resolution of Rift & Vive is lacking

It is mainly the much longer loading of the sim at the start with a setting of 10 that I would like to avoid if possible

Do what we always did when waiting for a 5¼ inch disk to load - go make a coffee! Load times are unavoidable in my experience.

Also VR won't run at acceptable levels either, but I am sure someone will correct me and say they get 50+ with such and such a system!

37 minutes ago, aero-3fsx said:

Hi aero,

i did some quick tests, but will do more, but so far i would say there is no benefit,

the VR resolution is not enough, you see no differences. Texture_size_exp 10

looks especialy superb on standard monitor in 4K.

17 hours ago, Nedo said:

looks especially superb on standard monitor in 4K

On my 4k monitor it does look better

17 hours ago, Fizzelle said:

Do what we always did when waiting for a 5¼ inch disk to load - go make a coffee! Load times are unavoidable in my experience.

I have one major problem with your suggestion - I don't drink coffee!

I tend to do a lot of low & slow short flights in the Ants Ultralight with its own built in GPS

If using a value of 10 produces no noticeable benefit then I will put it back to 8 so I don't have to wait for no reason

Archived