I miss sunny days (not FTX related, really)

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

What I still miss in FSX, even with FTX, is that sunny day feeling. Even when I choose the complete clear weather theme, I don't get the impression it is a sunny day. Down there it always sort of looks like the sky is broken or overcast... Know what I mean? It never looks real SUNNY!

I suppose is has to do with shadows, or simply the way 'light' works in FSX. But I wonder if there is something that can be done to make it look more sunny. Anyone knows what I mean...?

Does FEX help in that regard? (I am thinking about getting FEX because REX takes too long and you never know if they can live up to the expectations... and FEX is being updated to compete with REX so... I doubt there will a huge difference in quality...)

I use FEX and it won't make your sim more "sunny". The closest thing to that would be to use Bloom, which adds a "soft light" effect to a lot of elements in the sim.

We have some bloom code internally at Orbx which runs about 40% smoother. I will ask the developer of that code if we can release it as a freebie ok? May be worth a try ...

Guest J van E

We have some bloom code internally at Orbx which runs about 40% smoother. I will ask the developer of that code if we can release it as a freebie ok? May be worth a try ...

O yes, bring it on!!! :) Would that be good enough to run with DX9? Or do you really need DX10 to run bloom without losing all fps? I've never tried bloom with SP2, I have to say: I did with DX10 and that worked well, but the rest of DX10 didn't...

Archived