Mt King William III

Guest J van E

Guest J van E

Instead of only showing the destination airfield (as in my -The first 5 freeware airports I found'-topic) I'll add some shots from take off too, because the detail was so amazing! And so was approach, but for other reasons.

Taking off from YQNS.

Posted Image

Man, that sure looks cool!

Posted Image

I expected the strip to be hard to find, but it sticks out rather obviously. Not that I mind... ;)

Posted Image

Er... that looks a bit sloped there...

Posted Image

Er... did I say a BIT sloped...?!? It's going straight up the hill!

Posted Image

Slowing down... too much or too little? Will I simply crash into the hill or actually land?

Posted Image

Phew... made it. I just LOOOOOOOOVE that RealAir Scout!!! Notice that in the previous shot you can't even see the end of the runway, with the car and 'windthingie' (or whatever you call that)!

Posted Image

Man, this is really awesome. :)

Another awesome strip to land at, I always enjoy approach shots, gives a real feel for the strip, nicely captured, just remember to pace yourself you'll have landed at em all before the next pack is released.

cheers

Guest J van E

Have you tried it in a Marchhetti?

"George! George! George of the Jungle!  Strong as he can be!  AR, AR, AR, AAAAAAAR! Watch out for that tree!"

LOL I don't think I will try that! ;)

just remember to pace yourself you'll have landed at em all before the next pack is released.

Well, it's Eastern weekend so I've got some extra time: I don't think I will do them all within a week or so...!!! ;)

J, would have liked to see the VSI for that landing - may have been indicating a climb :)

Could well be! It has to, I almost think: didn't have time to watch it though. Speed plummeted down VERY quickly in the end and the landing was quite hard... It was nice!  8) I thought about approaching from the other end, but I think I'd never touched down that way at all...! I'd keep on flaring until I reached the trees, I think. ;)

Archived