Problems with V4 after recent updates.

Im having problems with crashing to desktop and also some default vehicles and it seems to be related to the orbx force migration. I first noticed I couldnt select the default f35, then I noticed the f22 screens were jumbled in the main mfd. I posted on LM forums and was suggested trying this  Delete the following generated folders/files. This will result in any add-ons being removed/disabled.

• %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4
  • %APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Well, deleting those folders fixed the aircraft and crashing to desktop problems but my scenery wasnt right in scenery list or in the way it appeared at KSFO. So, I ran migration tool in Orbx Central which corrected that problem but started the CTD and same issues with default aircraft. Also while in P3D Scenery tab, once I exit I get this message "P3d has detected non sequential layering order within the Scenery Library List. Would you like P3D to attempt to repair this issue?"

I hope someone can help me here Im about to pull my hair out. I have returned all overclocks to stock and disabled add ons. I dont know what else to do, the only thing that has changed on this machine was the region updates.

2 hours ago, JasonW said:

Im having problems with crashing to desktop ,,,,,,,,,

I hope someone can help me here Im about to pull my hair out. I have returned all overclocks to stock and disabled add ons. I dont know what else to do, the only thing that has changed on this machine was the region updates.

Sounds like you did not follow the migration path recommended by Orbx. You may have to first get your P3Dv4 working even if you uninstall ORBX and all other software you may have loaded onto v4.  I would recommend a good cleaning of your products loaded and start with a "new" P3Dv4 install.  Insure it is running correctly before starting software addons.  Take your time and load only those addons designated for v4.

I took the path of leaving my v3.4 up and functional so that the migration would go smoothly.  No issues here at all.  I never put on more than 2 or 3 pieces of software before a start and check of the software working.  Rebooting the machine and doing a second check before loading the next batch.  Once you break it, it is broken.  No magic fixes that I can think of.  Been with Orbx since AU blue was released.  Read and understand what is needed and expected for each piece of software you load onto v4.

Best wishes, Jason.

Thanks for the response  Lawrence, it's a fresh install with the hotfix build and all of my orbx stuff is where the installers put it. Is there something else I need to change that I may have missed in the forums?

Archived