Flying to France

kiki

gHi!

We have some minor airports in France included in the freeware- package. Now I am looking for some bigger - possibly regional - airports there. They can be freeware or payware, must be P3D v3 compatible and of course compatible with Global Base, Vectors and Open LC Europe. Any suggestions?

Hi,
Several big French airports compatible with FTX are already on the market elsewhere. With some exceptions, ORBX don't develop big FS plateforms.

I have LMT Simulation's LFMD Cannes Mandelieu, and I can say that it is an excellent airport and completely compatible with P3Dv3 and with Orbx Global Base and Open LC Europe. JetStream Design's LFML Marseille-Provence and Dreamflight Studio's LFMP Perpignan-Rivesaltes are also very good and compatible with P3Dv3 and Global and Open LC Europe. I would definitely recommend these three airports. I also have Aerosoft's LFMN Nice, and it is compatible except the runway lights do not work in P3D. There is also a newer version of LFMN by JustSim that probably looks nicer, but I do not have it. I also have FrogX's LFOZ Orleans, nice enough, but the background texture colour does not blend well with Open LC.  I have installed a number of freeware french airports, most developed for FSX, with the Estonia Migration Tool. There do not appear to be compatibility issues, but the quality varies significantly. You can find these airports by searching this link:

http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

I believe that I read that there is a version of LFRS Nantes Atlantique under development (I forget who the developer is), that sounds interesting. I have owned a number of France VFR airports (including LFRS), but can report that there are compatibility and texture colour blending issues with them and would not recommend them.

Archived