Can't update regional or airport CD purchases

Eagle Spirit

I downloaded PNW 8 and it said I needed 5, so I downloaded 5 and tried to install it. I got a message "you don't have a license for this product in your Orbx account" Also "no compatible simulators found" (have FSX Gold) These CD's were not purchased from the FSS, (PC Aviator / USA) so I can't transfer a "license from FSS". I have C. Rockies, N. Rockies, Pac. Fjords, Pac. NW and S. Alaska, and numerous airports, all CD purchases.

Seems unreasonably hard to update CD purchases. One of many reasons I stopped purchasing more Orbx products, also the fact that no more CD purchases and PayPal can no longer be used.

Ya'll have some nice scenery (regions / airports), however, to many issues, especially for CD customers. You kinda left us hanging!

Regards, Eagle

The updates that you find on the "Updates from old website Support page/DVD customers"

page have nothing to do with FTX Central and nothing to do with Orbx Direct.

You should download them, extract them and run them as an administrator.

You cannot do this correctly and see any messages such as 

"you don't have a license for this product in your Orbx account".

they were "downloaded", "extracted" and "opened as administrator" when it would display with a right click."

"you don't have a license for this product in your Orbx account". Is exactly what shows.

Now as I view, the update notice for PNW is no longer displayed. A bugged delay perhaps?

The PNW SP5 installer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

If you are lacking the registry entry, you can use the FSX Registry Utility from this page to reinstate it.

If you feel more comfortable with FTX central v2, here is how to revert to it.

1.  Delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx and

C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Please note that the AppData folder is hidden by default in the Windows File Explorer.

If you cannot see it, please go to your Windows File Explorer view options and check

"Show hidden files, folders and drives".

While you are there, the "Hide extensions for known file types" box should also be

unchecked. This makes finding and identifying files much easier.

Untitled.jpg

2. Install FTX Central version 2 from this download link

Archived