Manual Downloading (Again)

I have a very poor internet connection, on a good day it reaches 430 kb/sec (yes, that's kb!). Not bad considering I live in the second largest city in Australia.

So, it is preferable for me to make a manual download for P3D4.

Today, I manually downloaded NZNI from my account. I then used FTX Central to install it. I selected "Install Options" then "Install from my manually downloaded .zip".

I then browsed to the file and selected "Continue".

FTX Central started doing it's thing and to my frustration has began downloading the entire file again. I only have P3D4 installed (well, I do have FSX but without any ORBX installed). I have read the sticky post on this and believe I have followed the correct steps. I would have thought that downloading NZNI today would mean a straight forward install in a matter of minutes as I imagine it would be as up to date as possible for P3D4 compatibility.

I wouldn't care if I had a lightening fast internet service, however with such a lousy service it literally takes days to get everything downloaded and installed. To have downloaded the file twice makes it even more frustrating.

Having outlined the steps I have taken, have I done something wrong?

Rgds

David

NZNI FSS0174931

Oops, my bad - I should have posted this in the FTX Central forums - mods, any chance you can send it over there? Sorry.

Hi,

I have looked into this, your area starting with "D" has been experiencing issues today or is this an always scenario? Are you downloading with something like a freeware download manager or IDM? I would suggest using this style of service. Have you tried shutting off your router and turning it back on mate? Or are you using a Proxy?

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply - my area frequently experiences issues, but I have seen nothing out of the ordinary today.

I downloaded using Getright, but have used FDM before.

I could recycle the router, I have successfully downloaded the NZNI file, for some reason FTX Central decides it needs to download it again.

David

Hi Richard

Firstly, thank you for your help, I appreciate your patience.

I completely forgot about the firewall - I have added FTX Central 3 to the allowed list to see what happens. UAC is turned off as well.

I will be finished a download of NZSI in about 30 min. I will try the manual installation routine with these settings and see what happens and report back.

David

Hi Richard,

Completed downloading NZSI. I actually went as far as disabling my firewall (the router provides one anyway) and NZSI installed as expected from the manually downloaded file.

So, you were correct and the firewall appears to have been the problem.

I would like to thank you once again, you are indeed a gentleman and a scholar!

David

Archived