FTX Global P3D v4 Installtion Error | FTX Central Donwload Error

jsg0813

Hello,

I recently purchased FTX Global for P3d v4. I initially installed the program letting FTX Central auto install. During installation I got 1 interruption message but clicked retry and it continued install. After install I fired up P3D and did not see any change to my scenery as it remained in the P3D default. I went back to FTX Central to uninstall product to attempt a re-install. During reinstall I  now continue to get an interruption message and it will not allow an install. I went through P3D files and still see an orbx folder after uninstallation but cannot delete as it says I do not have permission, even after changing admin security settings. Please see attached file which is screenshot of FTX Central Download Error. 

Screenshot (2).png

1 hour ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Please read this post to make the log available.

Attempted these steps precisely and only got a .json file. Searched for .log and no where to be found. Please see attached photo and this is what occurred as I searched. The search bar defaulted to ftxc3 in pic. Screenshot (3).png

2 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi,

Please read this post to make the log available.

I just figured out a way to rid those left over file and did a reinstall of FTX Global and again the texture have defaulted. Please see current picScreenshot_(4).png attached. 

Okay I will look. I disabled my antivirus software and tried a fresh install but had no luck as textures still defaulted. I will show you in attachment where I did this step. Are there any other steps? I also downloaded FTC Central with this on I'm assuming so would that cause any issues? Regarding malware/virus programs this PC is a brand new build so I haven't added any antivirus software besides those that automatically come with Windows 10. 

Screenshot (7).png

Richard,

I am going to try a complete reinstall of both P3D as well as FTX Global to see if this will eliminate my issues. I will be sure to turn off my antivirus. I will update you on if this is a success or not. I really appreciate your help. 

Richard,

I just completed a complete reinstall of P3d v4 and I had no luck on solving the issue. Texture are still defaulting, and other ideas on how to fix this issue as I cannot figure this out. Thanks. 

Hello,

is there any possible way that someone from Orbx support can use team viewer on my PC to pinpoint the issue? I'm a little frustrated as I spend $100 on a product and i am unable to use it. I've tried countless fixes on my own and nothing is working. Thanks. 

Hi,

We do not use that way of support sorry, could you please take a screenshot of your Scenery Library? Specifically the Orbx entries, please. Also, provide an image of this," for example" C/P3DV4/ORBX/Troubleshooter/Troubleshooter .exe  please run the .exe as Admin and post the image here.

Please see images below. Regarding troubleshooter.exe I am unable to locate. Inside ORBX folder there is:

FTX_OLC

Scripts

User Documents

Could not find application in any of those folders. 

Richard, thanks again for last fix.  I hope this is the appropriate place to post this.  I have purchased global base, vector, hd trees and others for p3d v3. I would like to install whatever is available into p3v4. do I need to purchase new versions of each?  they are greyed out in ftx central.  thanks for any help. rob

Richard,

I just installed the new library settings for FTX Central and I think this may have been the issue. Loaded up p3d and there are way more autogen features and the night lights actually has street light orbs rather that just a flat lite texture tile. Does this vague description sound accurate?

Archived