P3D v4 night lighting issue

ThatGuyAgain

Hello,

While making the transition from FSX to P3D v4 I noticed a significant different in (the amount of) lighting seen at night. The difference can be seen in the screenshots illustrated below (@LFPG).

aaec95dbb30015289dcfe11c3553e0d7.jpg

(1) FSX

2288682fb8558e3f428b8ea985602f98.jpg

(2) P3D v4

Clearly main roads are not the issue here, but other roads seems to not have any additional lighting whatsoever.

Note: FSX products installed: Global BASE + VECTOR + openLC EU

P3D products installed: Global BASE + openLC EU

(based on this one might say it has to do with VECTOR, but it is not featured to have such an (significant) impact on night lighting)

Also note moving the sliders to the right in the graphics tab in P3D does not fix the issue, and the (order of the) entries in the scenery library are the same in both simulators.

Thanks

Hi

The following items have been mentioned in the OrbxDirect Release Announcements at the top of the forum main page and will be updated soon.

What's not ready for P3Dv4?

• FTX Vector
  • All airports (payware and freeware)
  • FTX Global Lights Configurator
  • AI Traffic packs
  • FTX Global NA & EU Airport Packs
  • BOB
  • All Demos
  • All Aircraft (see further below on these)

8 hours ago, hkterry said:

Hi

The following items have been mentioned in the OrbxDirect Release Announcements at the top of the forum main page and will be updated soon.

Are you suggesting it is in fact FTX Global VECTOR causing this difference? Note I didn't do any lights configuration in FSX, so that should not be the problem.

Thanks

Hello,

If the roads are placed by Vector and they are not there, then there will be no road lighting either.

However, it looks like the orange street lights are not showing.

I see this in more or less the same place.

Screen coordinates are very useful for replicating screen shots.

Untitled.jpg

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. It indeed seems like some (street) lights are not working properly. After deleting all entries in

Lockheed Martin/Prepar3D v4/ORBX/User Documents/Versions

followed by updating/reinstalling the products in FTX Central the issue seems to be resolved.

Of course VECTOR adds more accurate freeways, roads etc. But while looking at cities like London and Paris and only seeing main road lights, it just didn't seem right.

Anyhow, again, thanks for the replies, I will sure enjoy the fantastic scenery ORBX has to offer in P3D v4.

Archived