Select simulator option. Wont detect P3dv4

jwilson0514

Hey guys, im confused about FTX central. So i have a complete new hard drive or cleared my PC of all data and started new. So i downloaded P3d v4 and its on my other drive which is the bigger drive. When i start the latest FTX central which is 3.2 i get the option as to select my simulator? Nothing. I cant even touch the settings to point FTX to where P3d v4 is. Is there way to to tell FTX hey the simulator is on this drive.  Also, my antivirus and firewall is off and security restrictions. I am missing something?

Hello,

If P3D is correctly installed, it will add a registry entry to the Windows Registry that FTX Central

then uses to locate it.

If you are sure that you are running FTX Central v3.2 this entry is missing.

Before you check anything else, check your FTX Central version.

Thanks for the quick reply Nick!! Im assuming it has to do with P3d then cause the latest version says 3.2 for FTX installer. Its on my custom drive D and FTX still does not find it. Whats weird though if its on the drive C it detects it. Only problem is that drive is not the drive i want  it on. 

It seems that somehow you may have recorded the installation as being on the C drive.

Can you use regedit.exe, the windows registry editor and go to 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Check what the location is that is stored in the AppPath entry.

I expect that's why FTX Central can't see it either.

This is where FTX Central is told to look

"RegistryKey": "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\SOFTWARE\\Lockheed Martin\\Prepar3D v4",
    "RegistryValue": "AppPath",.

You will need to go to the P3D forums and ask them why it has not worked for you.

Archived