Add On Scenery - P3Dv4

GregJ

So I have, as do many of you, I am sure have add-on scenery - not developed by ORBX - things like Larry Robinson's Ferries, Grovestines CYYQ, CYYJ etc., and older Vic+ items that blended well with VIc+.

I am rather hesitant to install anything more than what ORBX has thrown support at because there are many new variables added given the 64bit architecture and the way this will create file structure etc. My question is at what point can I load things in using add scenery? I am trying to keep this version of P3D free from some of the bloat I had in the past where I'd load stuff in - and not be able to get rid of everything as I didn't know how, or where something went in the installation process - I'm much more knowledgeable now, thanks to many of your contributions to this forum - but can't catch everything... so my more methodical and informed approach this time should keep things running smooth. 

Thoughts - inputs <---doesn't mean I'll act on it but...certainly will learn something as we move forward into a brave new 64bit world.

I'm testing...

So far I installed (copy from v3 folder) and declared manually:

Genoa X, Bergamo X, Malpensa X, Jetstream design Milano Linate, and they all work perfectly without drop of FPS.

I will keep on installing my long list of  European airports.

I also managed to have UT live running on both V3 and V4 ( so simple that I can't understand why it isn't already available directly from developers).

But no way to have a Carenado aircraft working, it seems we are back in the DX9/Dx10 story, with transparent textures everywhere.

• Guest locked this topic

Archived