Please help old timer

robbiearnold

My first try with orbx, I decided to give it a try but having severe problems,

D/L'd Base, Europe & trees ok,using FTX c3

Attempted to D/L England several times but kept getting re-entry notice followed be FTX c3 error "stopped working"

I've managed to do a manual D/L for England but every time I select "install manual d/l in FTX central, it continues to try to re-download the full file again.

In layman's terms please, "I'm old and useless" HOW do I get the huge zip file installed?. I've read everything I can find here but it's pretty much black magic to me.

Thanks in advance

Robbie

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply, I have been reading as many posts as I can regarding this problem over the last 2 weeks, I followed your suggestions this morning, even though I had tried all this before, but it's the same problem, FTX central is down loading from the server still...well I presume it is, it wouldn't take over 1 hour to access a zip file would it?.

I use rural internet so I'm limited to 50 GB a month so It's hitting my limit pretty hard each time I try another D/L

Attached these captures Doug, did I do it correctly?.

Robbie

zip1.PNG

zip2.PNG

Hi Robbie,

It is possible that the ZIP file is corrupt, so FTX Central will automatically revert to download the scenery.

Try the following, which will validate the file and use an alternate method to install:

• Extract the ZIP file to a new folder, confirm there was no error messages
  • In FTX Central, go to settings press "Clear Temp" 
  • In FTX Central, go to the product installation screen
  • Select "Install Options"
  • Choose "I already have a backup"
  • Choose the folder location where you extracted the zip file
  • Choose select folder
  • Choose Continue

Thanks,

Matt.

Archived