Friendly Suggestions for Orbx Direct Catalog

akmatov

Like a lot of ppl I'm poring over the Orbx Direct Catalogue comparing goodies I still haven't bought.  And I have found the organization of your Catalogue to be quite unhelpful, hence a few small suggestions that would help me, and I assume others, from having to flip back and forth between pages on a single item to discover, or not, desired info.

1) Include the price on the front page

2) Include in the pictures, preferable in the top three in the group:

a.  a picture showing the actual air strip, preferable looking down the length of the runway from the point of view of an aircraft approaching to land.  Some airports show the landing strip in pieces as parts of pictures focused on other things, some are buried in the scenery and a few were so well hidden or absent I never found them.  In some the text states these runways are challenging for whatever reason, but there is no image showing anything.  Given that the usual nine images include some very nice shots of aircraft and rusting fuel tanks, it seems there is adequate space to highlight the actual air field that is being sold.

b. a basic map so we can see roughly where it is located.  Yes, I know one can dig around in the Orbx website or just the bottom of the page for a map, but this means two open pages to find what should have been included in the one.

c. Information on if seasons are included. Some descriptions mention 5 seasons, others only that there are season and other says nothing at all, although in one such case there was a picture of the air field covered in snow.

3) In cases where there are more than one airfield included or where one is told that the airfield includes some larger area of coverage, show us a graphic of the area.  This is done in a few cases and is very helpful and very inciting to this buyer.  However, in many cases there is nothing. As above such an image would be vastly more useful than pictures of aircraft with the airfield lost in the ground clutter or pictures of rusting fuel tanks.

You folks produce wonderful products and these suggestions are make solely for the purpose of improving your catalogue to be more helpful for your prospective buyers, and me in particular who finds selecting my purchases more of a project than it should be.

Best wishes,

Archived