KSEZ - Runway visible through mountain

Orlaam

6 minutes ago, speedy70 said:

It is the same at Valdez.I have noticed.

It's weird.  Does it do it at night?  I only have the freeware NA pack installed and wanted something different and new with the sale going on.  I don't have this phenomenon at those airports I don't think.  Never seen it before.

Hi Chris,

I can't replicate this issue in either FSX nor P3D unfortunately.. but would I presuming correct you are in FSX? Given the distance from the runway/airport, this would be an issue with your default runways rather than the custom KSEZ ground poly - the custom ground poly doesn't come into view until about 10-15,000m. I haven't really ever come across this issue before, but a couple of things to try that would be unrelated to ORBX:

1. If you are running DX10 preview mode, make sure your fixer/libraries are up-to-date. 

2. Could it possibly be an issue with the graphics card drivers you have installed? The latest Nvidia drivers have been causing some (unrelated) problems, might be worth doing a search of avsim to see if anyone is having similar issues? 

3. This is definitely the runway showing through, and not a terrain tear? Tears are a bug in the FSX/P3D terrain engine which sometimes occur, reloading your scenery will always fix these if they don't resolve themselves in real time. 

Other than that, there's not too much I can recommend unfortunately. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

It's FSX:SE yes.  I'll look for it again eventually.  Didn't seem to be a terrain tear.  The runway was simply floating along behind the mountain.  Perhaps it is driver related but it's the first real issue I've seen with this newer driver.  My driver is 381.89 on a GTX 970.  Not running DX10. 

I wasn't able to find any similar reports online.  No worries.  I'll sort it out eventually and see what I find.

Archived