You are the SAR pilot

Fischkopp

A question:
How is the interest to fly an much as possible SAR mission in a thunder storm?

It is about a storm-tailed trawler on the North Sea, whose crew has rescued into a life raft. The task will be to find the life raft in the stormy haeavy sea and recover the shipwrecked persons.

The last known position of the damaged ship, the wind speed and direction as well as the sea current velocity and direction are indicated. In addition, of course, the weather conditions - and they are truly fierce.

From the given data and the flight time, the SAR pilot (or the SAR pilots since multiplayer-capable by FS-Cloud) have to calculate the assumed position and plan his / ther rescue operation.

The first steps to the development of this scenario I have already made, but if the community should not be interested, I could save the further work on it.

However, I can promise that it will be as realistic as possible in the P3D, provided that you stick to the guidelines.

This scenario can only be flown in the P3D, since the FSX can not simulate the corresponding weather conditions.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Ripcod,

this project is currently frozen because I have no aircraft in P3D V4 wich can handel the hard weather conditions. So I can´t test in in the V4.

For p3D V3 it is ready but I have not written the manuals yet, because I wanted publish it with the V4.

What aircraft do you have in mind???

I know the Diamond DA-42 can be used for maritime patrol or maybe even if you want to get advanced I think Dino Catteneo has an S-3 Viking that works with P3dV4 (I havent tried the S3). The DA-42 however works wonderfully. Do you want an Amphibian?

The DA 42 is definitely not the right aircraft for wind speeds of 80 nm/h and above. Whether the S3 Viking could handle such weather conditions I do not know.

PMDG I do not possess, since I am rather the bush pilot type than a sky bus driver ;)
In P3D V3 I use for the test flights the P-3C Orion and even with this special storm aircraft you must be infernal careful not to be blown from the runway and out of the sky.

For P3D V4, I do not know an aircraft that would meet the requirements.

Archived