FTX Southern California Problem

r22s7

Hi there,

I can not get FTX Southern California to work correctly.

Firstly, I am not sure whether it is supposed to automatically add to the scenery library, and if it is, it isn't adding.

I therefore have to add it manually, but I am not sure in what order.

No matter what order I have it in, I get terrain appearing over the ocean (see below).

I am running FTX Central 3. My ORBX receipt number is:  5915323290e54

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

ftxproblem.png

EDIT: I have just realised I do not have the latest version of the ORBX Libraries. It is too late in the day to start downloading them now, but I will try tomorrow and report back.

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

Indeed, the important step in completing the installation of your first Orbx Region is to also install the current Orbx libraries and then run FTX Central at least once. Doing so will insert the required custom entries into your terrain.cfg file, which will allow for the correct display of water and other features.

Running FTX Central should have also automatically added the four FTX SCA entries, in the correct order.

What flavor of the sim are you running, FSX, FSX-SE, P3D?

Cheers, Holger

Hi there, I am running FSX (not SE) plus the Acceleration pack.

If it is meant to, I don't understand why it didn't add. I also had this problem with NZNI.

I am currently updating the libraries, and I will see if that fixes the terrain problem.

Ok, I have updated the libraries, and that actually seems to have fixed both problems, the scenery is in a different order, which I assume is FTX Central placing them into the correct order.

Thanks for your help. :)

Archived