Scenery.cfg file error. Local and remote Scenery Paths

triflyman

Recently installed openLC Europe and open LC North America.  I fly only CalClassic airports (wish you guys would do some classic airports) and no issues in Asia nor Europe with CC airports.  Decided I wanted to do some flying in California so loaded that CC scenery...got the "Scenery.cfg file error. Local and Remote Scenery paths in scenery Area 170.  Please remove one or the other."...see attached screen shot of the message.

Issue is the California scenery causing the error.  I don't know what Area 170 is...assume it's Calif.  I tried turning off the new Orbx LC areas but made no difference...but if I turn off CC California the message goes away.  I also went to some airports in California and can't see any issues so don't know if it's a problem or not.  Could not find anything on this particular message on the forums either.

Would appreciate any help to resolve.

Thanks,Error Message.jpg

It is the CA59 Scenery...which is the CalClassic California 1959 files.  After seeing that (as a test) I deactivated the CA59 and activated the CA62 (which is the CalClassic California 1962 files) Scenery and did not get the Scenery.cfg error message.  So I went looking at KLAX in 1959 (as far as I know it's the airport with the major difference between 1959 and 1962 and found it to be really messed up.  Terminal buildings are gone and the spaceship restaurant (from 1962) is there.  The CA59 and CA62 Sceneries are the top two on my list.

Any ideas.

Thanks,

Other than the fact it seems to have nothing to do with Orbx scenery, that type of error is usually caused by either missing files or no files for that particular scenery, so deleting and or reinstalling it should remove the error.

Archived