Orbx Affected Cockpit Textures?

Jebus

Hello. 

I've recently installed Orbx EU Scotland and have come across a couple of issues, primarily with cockpit textures. If I'm in spot few for a few minutes then return to the cockpit, it contains no textures. This has only occurred since installing the Orbx scenery and affects all aircraft (that I've tested so far). If I'm in spot few for only a few seconds and return to the cockpit view there is no issue. Example of cockpit texture issue: https://ibb.co/fHDhWQ 

Another issue I have is the draw distance, I have the detail radius set to large and all other settings as per the instructions, but scenery that is relatively close is still quite blurry and only becomes as clear when I'm quite close. Example of scenery issue: https://ibb.co/nCbfJ5 

Hope someone can help. 

Thanks. 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Both problems are caused by your PC being unable to load textures in a timely way.

The solution might be to lower your simulator scenery settings.

What kind of PC hardware do you have?

Hi Nick. 

I tried lowering the settings and this does seem to have helped with the cockpit textures. It doesn't really seem to have helped with the scenery draw distance though. However, when reminding myself of the specs of my PC I've remembered my FSX install is on my HDD rather than my SSD, will need to move it. 

Specs of my PC: 

Windows 10 Pro

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Z170

Intel Core i5-K6600K @ 3.50GHz

8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX Black

Asus GeForce GTX 960 STRIX OC 4GB GDDR5

Kingston 120GB SATA SSDNow V300

WD 1TB 64MB Cache HDD

Hello,

That system should not even get warm running FSX.

One thing you might try is to exclude the whole FSX root folder and fsx.exe from any live anti virus software.

If that i checking each file used, it can really slow things down.

If you have other processes running at the same time as FSX that are not to do with flying, I would suggest

closing them also.

How fast is your 6600K on turbo, anything above 4ghz is preferable and a K version should overclock easily, I believe.

Using an HDD should not really be a problem, once the simulator is running, an SSD doesn't make a great deal of difference.

Archived