continued failure to transfer fss licences and installing new UK airfields corrupts England scenery

Hi

From Flight Sim Store prior to Central 3 I purchased most UK regions, some US regions and airports. I.E. I WAS an ORBX Fan

Having installed Central 3 and repeatedly trying to transfer my account all failed. I cannot update products though they appear in my Central 3.

Yesterday I purchased Elstree and Popam in the sale and they were  installed. When I flew from Popam My England scenery, that had been OK, was now unstable and blocks of scenery changed blue or random textures. This also happens with Open LC America.

Now I could reinstall from disks or downloads I have from FSS with all all confirmation data at hand. However this re installs old Central needing to change area from UK to America etc.

Thus I don't know if I am 'flying uner the control of Central 3 or Central 1.

I seems I should stop buying any new products and just fly with  all the ORBX pre-Central 3 material I Have. 

Not good for you and could lead to not flying at all.

PS I am taking my computer to demonstrate flying in PNG and UK to a meeting with Missionary Aviation Fellowship . Disaster if I can't demonstrate your products. 

Am I doing something wrong?

Birchfield flier

Ps My computer is designed for FSX with 16 GM Ram 4GB video card, SSD and 2 other drives and normally flies with all sliders at max or almost max.

Hi, Welcome to the forums.

Please read this first to hopefully help get your products transfered.

Then after you get everything installed, apply the below procedure/

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?), they can also be found under the Global product range at the bottom of the page in FTXC3.

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button

Also there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "frozen water in winter" option, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

If you have DVD products that need updates, please read the below.

Cheers

Doug

Archived