Airport Buildings In Wrong Locations

JazzyJeff

Hi,

I have started downloading ORBX scenery to make my FSX look a lot more realistic and I must say its very impressive the difference it makes, I started off with FTX Global which worked fine, then added the Trees addon with no issues evident.

I then added England, Wales & Scotland as I live in the UK along with FTX Vectors, I am not sure which one of these has caused this but the airport buildings are in the wrong location in line with the taxi ways? I Departed Stansted EGSS and the Jet Ways are separated by around a buildings width from the terminal building and when I landed at Edinburgh EGPH the taxi way to the parking bay was blocked by a building so I could not park in the correct taxi bay as I use GSX, also at Edinburgh I noticed AI aircrafts sitting through buildings (I use Traffic 360).

I appreciate its nice to get as realistic as possible but the taxi way data and parking needs to still work correctly as this kind of takes the edge of the ORBX scenery as its one of the most important parts of the flight simulator that the airports work correctly.

Also North Weald airfield EGSX as I flew over it looked like a mine as the runways and taxi ways were below the terrain level.

Are there any ways this can be addressed please as it has ruined the airport side of the simulation?

Hello,

Traffic in buildings and orphan jetways.

I suspect that there are Traffic 360 files for each airport?

If so, try disabling them as they may be adding unwanted features.

Airport elevation problems

Elevation problems can normally be solved by visiting the Vector control panel 

and disabling the AEC for the airport in question.

You might try the Automatic Configuration feature, if you prefer. 

Thanks Nick,

I have done the Auto Configurator and that has sorted out EGSX it picked that up automatically (pic attached looks great now).

Just so you can see what I am looking at I have attached some pictures.

I have attached pictures of Edinburgh EGPH showing the taxiways going under the terminal building and Jetways in wrong locations, It looks to me the planes and taxi ways are correct its the building locations are the issue as I am sure you will agree looks a complete mess.

I have only so far flown from these airports since I have uploaded the England package, I am not sure what package has changed the airport data.

Also Sent you pics of Stansted where the Jetways are away from terminal buildings again looks like buildings are in the wrong location?

EGPH Taxi way issues.jpg

EGPH Jetways.jpg

EGSX now corrected.jpg

Stansted Jetway issues.jpg

Archived