Installation Question

CaptainEddie

I am new to Orbx and I am about to purchase, the Base Pack, Global Vector, openLC Europe, Trees HD and EU Scotland as a starter. I live in Inverness Scotland this is why I want Scotland first. I absolutely cannot get enough of flight simulator.   I have a few questions/concerns before I purchase.
1. Will the installation effect my current Flytampa and UK2000 Gatwick airports.
2. I currently have Ultimate TerrainX Europe and Ground Environment X Europe installed.  Do I have to remove, disable or do anything with them.
3. Do I have to install the libraries before I install any of the above.

I have my eye on all of your products as they look fantastic and especially Innsbruck.

I hope you can answer my simple questions as I have my credit card in hand.

Many thanks
Eddie

Hi Eddie,

Whilst I encourage you to purchase FTX Global/Vector and OpenLc EU, running the other Global type packages is not needed. I would remove them before installing Orbx Global products that you describe. If you purchase these, along with FTX Trees and Eu Scotland you will have a very nice experience in Europe, also everywhere else. As long as you have your scenery in the correct configuration in FTXCv3, I see no problem with the airport products either. 

3 hours ago, Richard Lincoln said:

Hi Eddie,

Whilst I encourage you to purchase FTX Global/Vector and OpenLc EU, running the other Global type packages is not needed. I would remove them before installing Orbx Global products that you describe. If you purchase these, along with FTX Trees and Eu Scotland you will have a very nice experience in Europe, also everywhere else. As long as you have your scenery in the correct configuration in FTXCv3, I see no problem with the airport products either. 

Hi Richard, many thanks for your advice which is exactly the same as a lot of the other user groups that I trust. I have done a lot of research into your products and I especially listen to what Froogle has to say.  When I saw your Innsbruck, I was blown away with the detail.  I have all the PMDG products as I love realism, ASN, Tampa Airports and UK2000 Gatwick.  I have watched many videos comparing GEX and UTX with your Orbx Global and Vector and your product always seems to be better and this is without your EU Landclass and EU Scotland.  I have one final question before I purchase.  Many users do not install your Vector software as they prefer to use UTX instead.  Do I really require Orbx Vector.  Some say that Vector drops their frame rates.  However, the machine I built for video editing is a very powerful machine using the; i75960X (8 core beast, clocked at 4.2), 32GB of cosair vengance DDR5 memory, Sandisk Pro SSD (this drive is exclusively for FSX and it has its own Windows 10 Installation and totally isolated from the edit drive, the Samsung Pro SSD), and Two Hybrid SSDHD, NVIDIA Quadro K4200 all connected to the Asus X99 Delux Motherboard.  So I should not have any problems with your Vector software.  What do you think.

Many thanks.

Eddie

Hi Eddie,

I do not get involved with one vs the other sorry, all I can say is that Vector covers the entire planet and works in-line with our FTX Global products, with the Hardware configuration you have, I do not see a problem enabling most, if not all configuration settings. On one of my test machines, I run Vector on full settings with i7 4970K, GTX 970 and receive 30 FPS in populated areas. Up to 67 in less dense areas.

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for such a speedy reply.  I understand your position and I am happy with your answer.

Am I right in saying that; 1. I should uninstall GEX and UTX;  2. Install FTX Central;  3. Install your Libraries;  4. Install FTX Global Base Pack;  5. Vector;  6. Open LC Europe;  7. and finally, for the moment, EU Scotland.  This will get me started.

Where are you are you answering from, which country.

I am all set now to purchase at the weekend as I have work today and filming a wedding tomorrow, so Saturday will be the day my FSX gets changed.

Many thanks

Eddie

Hi Richard,

Many thanks for all your help and of course your speedy replies.  My long term plan is to purchase every single product that you create once I have tested the above.  FSX has come a long way.  I purchased FSX Gold Edition for only £20 from Amazon.  However, I have spent over £700 upgrading it, this includes the yoke.  I just spent £90 on PMDGs latest QSII.

Many thanks and I hope I never have to contact you again as this will mean your products are running great.

Eddie

Archived