Land turning to water on landing...

toby23

All FTX regions are up to date.

Following problems on the Orbx Mission.

I wanted to show a friend the Orbx Mission, which I flew a few times with no problems before FTX SP3.

After SP3, I noticed that the mission icon has changed and now shows the Dornier.

Have you guys changed anything else in the mission?

I see snow at the beach on some trees at the end of the mission.

The girl doesn't appear any more to take me on the mission.

When I try to land on the beach, near the bbq, the land mysteriously turns to water and, rather predictably, I crash and drown...

Any ideas and help are much appreciated, this mission is great for showing off FTX...

Thanks,

Toby

One of my Orders: FSS0008364

Posted Image

Posted Image

Actually I removed the mission from the SP3 DVD and also the SP3.001 patch, mainly because it was so inconsistent with it's reliability from one PC to the next.

So if you have the 'legacy' AU BLUE installed and the mission works, then count yourself one of the lucky ones.

No, only FTX and the usual add-ons...

But this problem of land turning to water is only at a specific area of the beach.

I have seen it before.

It is somehow related to the layering of files or exclusions in the original build of this area.

As I said, it's only in a small area but makes landing on the beach there impossible.

Perhaps you could try it for me and see if you experience the same effect.

If anything, that would reassure me that my FSX install hasn't been messed up by something...

Archived