In FSX Addon Scenery
AI Aircraft
FreeMeshX North America

Other
FTX Global NA Airport Pack
FTX AI Traffic North America GA
MegaScenery Earth Tennessee v3
Toposim US Southeast

I would like to (based on sale prices) pull the trigger on ORBX FTX Global Base Pack, FTX Global Vector and FTX Global OpenLC North America this week but need to know in advance if any of the above Scenery/Airports will cause a confilct or anything I should be concerned with?

Thanks

jprism,

Your existing Orbx airport pack and AI and also FreeMeshX shouldn't have any issues.  (I have them all installed and also have FTX Global Base/Vector/OpenLC.)

Your other AI aircraft shouldn't be effected either.

I don't know about your MegaScenery and Toposim for sure.  Though Toposim appears to me to just be a terrain mesh product.

The sim automatically looks at any mesh included with your installed products and uses whatever has the best resolution.  

Since you have FreeMeshX, Toposim, and Megascenery (which seems to include mesh data too), the sim is using whichever one has the highest resolution for the area you are flying in.  Bottom line, this shouldn't effect FTX Global Base/Vector/OpenLC at all, since they just get layered on top whatever mesh the sim picks.

MegaScenery appears to have photoreal textures and includes airport updates.  I don't know if it includes land class or vector data.  I can only speculate.

* Warning, the following are assumptions based on how I understand the sim to work.

The sim should draw your scenery using whatever texture, land class, and vector data has the highest priority in your scenery library.

-  If you put your MegaScenery below the FTX Global products, you should see FTX Global textures/land class/vector data when you run the sim.  You should NOT see the MegaScenery photoreal textures since the Global ones would be drawn on top of them.  MegaScenery airport changes like a new hangar or aircraft parked on the ramp (apart from textures/land class/vector data) should still show through since the FTX Global products shouldn't effect them.

-  If MegaScenery is above the FTX Global products, you should see all of your MegaScenery features, since they will be drawn on top of the Global ones.

My guess is that your only real issue may be that the MegaScenery photoreal textures won't blend perfectly with the Global textures at the coverage area boundary.

I would just try both ways and pick the one where TN looks best to you.

Archived