where have all the houses gone?

G3YTI

Hi All,

I am new to ORBX having just purchased EU England for p3d.

I could not remember my customer number however!!.

The scenery has installed or so it would appear but all the cities have gone, flying from EGCC no houses nothing but fields???.

same thing at EGNT, the FTX sceneries have located themselves at the TOP of the scenery structure ( I guess this is right) I  am just confused as to why all the houses have disappeared .

As said ORBX scenery is new to me so maybe I did something wrong??

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Windows 7, P3D V3.4

Steve

Hi Steve, Welcome to the forums,

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

Thanks for the reply, well I just downloaded the FTX central programme so I guess its up to date??, not sure about the blue notification (where), no third party add ons, 

Whats "openLC" ??

It all sounds little confusing, but you obviously know what the problem is  Doug so thanks for the fast reply.

perhaps you could explain what open LC is .

Sorry to be vague but getting on here in years (70) and things don't always click into place so to speak.

Regards . Steve UK

PS found the blue update section & updated the libs which installed ok.

looking at scenery library in p3d it shows the following at the top:-

FTX_EU_ENG_05_Scenery

dito             06_CVX

07_Mesh

_08_Custom

FTXAA_ORBXLIBS

then ran the migration

I guess this is correct as I have houses now at EGCC

Cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve

No, the libraries will not be up to date with a new install of FTX Central 3, you can find them under the Global range of products once you open FTXC3, they will need to be installed after you install England.

OpenLC  is short for "open landclass", a search on these forums will help explain more, also could you please include a product purchase order/transaction number in your next post. :)

Thanks

Hi Again Doug,

Firstly the transaction ID:- 590067852c2b7

Well all appears to be working now as all autogen scenery is visible, I am very pleased with the result.

will do some research now about ORBX & its scenery structure within p3d because I have another colleague who is interested in the add on & will

no doubt be asking how i got it to work Ha ha !!.

If you can point me to any other info i need I would be grateful, Again many thanks for  the help.

Cheers, Steve

Good to hear Steve you are very welcome.

Also have a look at the below link in Nicks #5 post is a version of the product definitive guide, it is a bit out dated but should show the basics, I haven't even looked in the new FTXC3 for a new version hahaha....will check it out when I get home later. :)

Cheers 

Doug 

Hi Doug,

Thanks again for all the help, I noticed the " new updates are available" just above the settings button, it loaded about 2 gig of data and then installed.

Do I still have to go into Global range or not?.

I think you guys have done a fantastic job, UK looks great & very realistic. probably get Scotland next to complete the scenery.

Best Wishes,

Steve

Steve

After the Libraries are installed you can keep adding products and not worry about them anymore, only if you get a blue notification will you need to run them again, and no need to go back to Global range of products.

Cheers

Doug

Archived