Trees on runway?

Hi Guys!!

So i was doing a full re-install of FSX and i think i misssed something on my uninstall or Install. I orignally downloaded the game from FS store and came of to FTX central 3. After my reinstall htere are trees all over the airport making the game IMO un playable.

Any ideas why my airports look like this and how i can fix it?

oh no.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Is that a picture of default scenery or have you already added anything?

Hey,

Thats FTX Global doing that! When i first reinstalled FSX i checked it before modding it and defualt seemed fine, its just when i install FTX

Hi nick,

I mafraid that didnt seem to work. the Scenary looks unchanged. Though i am using FSX:SE (appologies i should of mentioned this sooner). So i did save the file in:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

it did over write the file in there. Is this correct?

So i thought i would Re-install to go through my process but now i have a new issue:

So i link my account from The flight sim store to FTX through the website

Downloaded FTX Central v3

Opened FTX Central 3 and pressed FSX Steam edition

Downloaded FTX global and opened FSX.

But now i went to re-install FTX global and i received this message. When i went to re-open FTXC3 it then wouldnt let me instal FTX global nad repeats the error message.

(%LocalAppdata/orbx/Ftxc3.log)

There are two main errors.

The first is that FTX Central is being denied access to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg.

You may need to be sure that FTX Central.exe is being run as an administrator and also to switch

off your User Account Control.

The second is Could not find file 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Orbx\Scripts\scenerylib_FTX_AA_GLOBAL_AIRPORTS.cfg'.

Can you confirm where you have FSX-SE installed please?

Also, I wonder why that error would show if you are trying to install FTX Global.

Are you in fact trying to install the freeware airports as well or instead?

My FSX is being saved to here : D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX

As for the airports i did download aswell as FTX global ( the first time) then they didnt appear installed after and i didnt bother about them for a little while.

What do you suggest?

I suspect then that FTX Global is correctly installed.

You may need to be sure that FTX Central.exe is being run as an administrator and also to switch

off your User Account Control.

Then you may be able to make FTX Central write to your scenery library.

Thanks, that is the scenery.cfg error only now.

"UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\scenery.cfg' is denied."

You will need to be sure that FTX Central is running as an administrator,

that your User Account Control is off, that you are logged on as an administrator

and that you have no anti virus software active.

Hi Nick,

Im sorry but its still not working. But i may have some more info that might help*, what i will do is descrive every step and "status" that i have been in and done.

I uninstalled FTX global and FTXC3.

I uninstall FSX aswell (to start fresh)

I opened FSX and went to see if the mesh and scenary was ok and the default scenary now has the same issue (please see image below)

I then restarted and made sure i was logged on as admin, and re downloaded FSX (through steam) and FTXc3

I opened FSX:SE Defualt and went to see if the mesh and scenary was ok and the default scenary now has the same issue (please see image below)*

Thinking the re-install of FTX may help this i opened FTXC3 as Admin (Clicked: "Run as Administrator")

Proceeded to Download FTX with the file log mentioned.

thats basically it so far. so this leads me to think it might be something with FSX now?

Untitled.png

Hi Nick!

IVE DONE IT!!! ITS FIXED!

I did what you suggested at first by deleting the two file paths you suggested and didnt work..... i then basically decided to delete everything i could find that said FTX, ORBX, FSX, or anything icould find related to FSX basically.

So i re built it from the ground up. i need to add all my other add ons so if i run into something that puts it back into the state i was in before ill be sure to post it on here!!

Thanks for all your help, im sure it wasnt easy for you!!

Grant.

Archived