Freeware Airport Packs

Have any of you guys had any printing problems with the latest update manual, I've tried printing out the manual in Central 3, but it just won't print out, I've done all the usual, head cleaning, alignment etc, but it won't print out!

cheers,

No problems when printing in Central 3.   I have also downloaded the spreadsheets from woodhick803 and print it in Adobe acrobat reader  (pdf file).

cheers

Bert

Hi Mike,

I'll jump in here.  If you have Vector installed there is a "FTX Vector Configurator" that shows up as an icon.  Vector changes quite a few airport elevations for a separate mesh program put out my "Pilot's (I think) and you have to "Disable them" to have the freeware airports at the correct altitude.  If you don't have Vector you don't have to worry about that.  All freeware airports use default FSX altitudes.

Cheers, Neil

Thanks to Neil and further:  On your desk top you should find the "Vector Configurator", among the tabs you will find "Airport Elevation Correction" (AEC in other words).  You will need to scroll among the listed airports (all 23K of them) and disable the airports as noted one at a time.  Bit of a bother but worth the small amount of work.  I seldom fly into/out of anything other than Orbx payware or freeware airports.  Not a problem with asking, we were all new at this at one time.  Hope to see you in the air sometime.

Neil again,

Actually you don't have to scroll through them all. Click the "Airport Elevation Corrections" tab and in the box under the "AEC IS ENABLED FOR:"  type in the ICAO for the airport you want to disable, It will highlight that ICAO in the list, then click the "Disable" button to the right of it to move it to disabled.  You can move over any number of ICAO's before hitting the Apply button. note: DON'T FORGET TO CLICK THE "Apply" button,or nothing will change. 

Cheers, Neil

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i am pretty new on this but my question is, i downloaded the ftx global EU airport pack as of yesterday, i went through the list of airports but i don´t see any chages at all on the sim, can you tell if i have to do something else, i downloaded from orbxx freeware page actually it was quite fast, thanks

Did you D/L them using FTX Central or a manual download?  Are you saying (as you seem to be) that you do not see any visible structure and static aircraft changes at the (hopefully) installed freeware airports?  As an aside here, my spreadsheets do not include any EU airports.  Could you simply be looking at airports not included in the freeware packs?

Hi i did it with ftx central, and that is correct i don´t see any structure or static aircraft changes, i went through the list for example Phoenix goodyear airport i place my plane on that airport and it is exactly like in fsx,  i´am looking at this list "FTX Global Freeware Airports North & South America Version September 2016" help me if am wrong, thanks

Open your FTX Central and look for the tab that says "Scenery (scenic?) Libraries".  You should see that an update is available.  D/L and allow FTX Central to install them, just like you did the freeware airports.  This one will take longer to download.  About 2Gb of information there.

Yes already had it downloaded, this is a screen shot from chandler municipal az, i don´t know if i am asking too much of specting more but can you tell me if this is what i get, thanks. also no planes at the airport and i downloaded the AI traffic north america general aviation.

Chandler_AZ.png

Hi i think i solve the problem, i downloaded the FTX global NA airport pack, and that seems to work know i have airplanes on the airports and detail airports too, thanks for helping.

Archived