FTX Iceland DEMO affected my Default Landclass

Hello,

I downloaded FTX Iceland DEMO in order to evaluate the product, as well ORBX Libraries, as part of requisition to run FTX Iceland DEMO. For both one, I used the FTX Central Tool to download and install them. The scenery are really good, but since I noted a fall in FPS, I am not sure to acquire the other products at the moment (I intend to buy a new PC within few months).

However, this installation transformed my FSX-SE negatively: I have now many problems in Landclass, mainly in SA. I uninstalled FTX Iceland DEMO to try to solve this, but there is NO OPTION for uninstalling ORBX Libraries! I also checked my FSX folders: my "terrain.cfg" was modified, as well as "texture", "sound" and "effects".

Since this is a Pay Product, I need to have an option to return my FSX-SE as it was before everything. I also tried to disable via Scenery Library, without success.

Please see the screenshots:

1. Landclass problem (Brazil region, my country): bad things happened... :(

2. Scenery Library: uninstalling FTX Iceland DEMO was OK, but ORBX Library is there, so I had to disable it, but it did not solve the problem.
3. My "terrain.cfg" was modified, as well as other folders. There is no backup (I tried to found, but I couldn't).

I bought FSX-SE yesterday: it is totally clear, just installed your product.

Could you please help me? I want to keep FTX Global Iceland DEMO as well as install other DEMOs and, further, buy other products, but I need to fix this issue.

Thanks for your attention!

Kind regards,
Matheus

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hello and welcome to the forums.

Please go to ORBX\Scripts\unified\backup where you will find the original Lclookup.bgl

Copy and paste it into Scenery\BASE\Scenery and let it overwrite.

Please find attached a default terrain.cfg file.

Copy it into your FSX folder and let it overwrite.

terrain.cfg

• 1 month later...

I just saw this; I uninstalled the Iceland demo (not really, since it's not a complete rollback as we all know), and kept getting the really bad global texture morphing afterwards (water filling in the space between the runways at LIRF, etc.).  The texture morphing wasn't the only reason I uninstalled the Iceland demo; the first reason was that I had a nice (but not ORBX-quality) freeware airport scenery pack for Iceland, and the elevations were incompatible with the Iceland demo, which--unlike the product of which it's a demo--comes with no altitude fixer.

Will the rollback of the terrain.cfg and lclookup.bgl that you've provided here fix the texture morphing I've still been getting?

Archived