Still missing Scrabo Tower "Norn Iron".

Mark Pead

Good morning and Happy Easter!

1.  I've been searching these forums for 5 hours now and found similar issues however, they seem to have been addressed "some years ago" mainly by running Patches which I have tried too.

2.  I am successfully running ORBX with FSX-SE but I just cannot seem to get some of the Northern Ireland POIs to show - in particular Scrabo Tower which was local to me when I worked/flew at 'Ards.  I have set the Scenery Options in FSX to the recommended ORBX Settings.

3.  The ORBX Libraries were loaded last using the latest FTX V3 after a full uninstall and re-install of all my ORBX products i.e. Base/OpenLC Europe/Vector/Trees/Scotland/Norn Iron then lastly Libraries.

Please can anyone offer any help?

Thank you.

Re Northern Ireland Purchase Ref 582743888687f.

Hello,

Missing POIs can be as a result of there being two POI bgl files.

This has happened before with EU Wales.

Have a look in ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_NIR_05_SCENERY\scenery for FTX_EU_NIR_POIs.bgl

and check that there is not a file with a similar name but with P3D in its name.

Good evening, Nick.

I found 2 files but named as follows:

1.  FTX_EU_NIR_PLC_POI.bgl

2.  FTX_EU_NIR_POIs.BGL

I'm thinking of deleting one at a time (backing them up of course) to see what happens.

Kind Regards

Mark

Update: tried deleting one at a time (keeping the other in situ) but still no Scrabo.

Just wondering about executing the old Patch 1 & 2 now...

Hello Mark,

I have received your PM.

I have done a little research and it revealed that the tower is in FTX_EU_NIR_POIs.BGL.

Here are all the files that I have for NI scenery for you to check against yours.

This would appear to be version 1.25 September 2015.

Untitled.jpg

I have attached a copy of that file to a reply to your PM, in case somehow yours is corrupt.

FTX_EU_NIR_POIs.BGL.OFF

2017-4-21_10-57-35-101.jpg

FTX_EU_NIR_POIs.BGL

2017-4-21_10-52-18-56.jpg

Good morning, Jim.

All sorted OK. 

I looked at a post by John Venema re "super, duper tweaks etc" and saw in there a post about re-selecting a library entry (with FSX up and running, via the World/Scenery Tab and then selecting "OK").  Sure enough, FSX informed me that it was now loading new scenery files.

Well, thank you for your time, Jim.  Perhaps the above might help with other missing scenery or blurries?

Kind Regards

Mark

Archived