Downloaded Orbx Installers Requiring Discs Problem

BadenBr

Hi Guys

I have just upgraded my computer and have been reloading my FSX flight environment and have come across a strange issue that is affecting random Orbx titles. The attachment shows the issue with screen shots but basically after the wrapper is finished and I start the install it gets part way through and then requests I put in a certain disc which being a downloaded software I do not have.

Can you advise what I need to do to overcome this problem?

Many thanks in advance..

orbx_software_disc_issue.docx

Hi Nick

Don't quite understand what you mean about starting the install from the zip file. I have unzipped all the files and they are in a single folder (as shown in the attachment) like I have for many other Orbx titles and I just run the .exe as admin and the install completes. Can you provide a some more suggestions of what you think I need to do?

orbx_software_disc_issue_file_structure.docx

Hi Nick I mentioned that some Orbx titles install without issue and some are looking for discs but all of them have been unzipped into individual folders and .exe run as admin. So that's what I'm trying to resolve. The screen shots from the original post show the details of what is happening.

Thanks Nick I am using WinZip to extract files so not sure what is happening but will review the article you linked to that is very detailed and see if I can work it out. Many thanks for your assistance.

Archived