ORBX Northern Rockies Interoperability with other addons

sunshy

Hello everybody,

I am considering buying the ORBX Northern Rockies but I wonder how it will work with other payware addons I have and use, like Edmonton (CYEG), Calgary (CYYC) & Vancouver (CYVR).

Are the above addons are going to work well after installing Northern Rockies?

Do I need to change any priorities in the FSX scenery library for interoperability between them?

Should I uninstall these addons before installing ORBX Northern Rockies or it doesn't matter?

Thank you all in advance,

Shy

P.S.

I already have and using:

FTX Global BASE Pack  
FTX Global VECTOR  
FTX Global openLC Europe  
FTX Global openLC North America Alaska/Canada

Thank you

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

I assume you're talking about the Sim Addon sceneries? I don't use them myself but have read that they are compatible with the FTX Regions (FYI, CYVR isn't in FTX Northern Rockies but rather FTX Pacific Northwest). Should you notice display issues then it's straightforward to deactivate the corresponding airport files in FTX NRM and we'll guide you through that.

No need to uninstall your existing add-ons, just make sure to use the Insertion Point tool in FTX Central so that third-party airport entries are located above (= at higher display priority) in the scenery library menu.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 month later...

Hello Captains and All,

As I mentioned in my previous mail, I finally purchased ORBX "NA Northern Rockies" and also "NA Northern California."

I have installed them using "FTX central 3" and it looks that my scenery library got completely messed up after installing the new products (All ORBX products were at the top of the scenery library).

I have read several posts I found regarding the scenery library order and I managed to fix most of the issues (at least I think I've managed :) ) but if you'll look at the screenshot I took while I was flying over Vancouver area, you can see I still have some problems...

I have also attached my current scenery library order (after trying to set it again) and I kindly ask you for your opinion how should I "build" it again correctly.

Some comments regarding the scenery library:

1. I'm sorry the scenery library are JPEG file, I didn't know how to export it as a text file.

2. entries number 54 & 55 are "FreeMesh X Europe" & "FreeMesh X Africa"

3. entries number 83-170 are not showing here but they are exist in my scenery library and include the "1106 Base" to  "0007 Base" entries.

4.  I used http://c-aviation.net/fsx-scenery-library-order-orbx-global/for trying to fix my scenery library

Any recommendation or tips will be much appreciated!

Kind regards,

Shy

My ORBX Products:

2017_05_07_09_21_06_My_Account_Orbx.png

My Current scenery library order

Scenery Lib 1.jpg

Scenery Lib 2.jpg

Scenery Lib 3.jpg

Flying over Vancouver area:

Display problem Scenery lib.jpg

Dear admin

Please delete the last post in this thread as I thought it will be wiser to open a new topic regarding the scenery library issue.

I apologize for the duplicate post.

Thank you,

Shy

Archived