Blue Textures

Johan

I am encountering problems in Hawaii with blue textures (see attached). My only scenery add-ons come from Orbx and FSDT. The blue textures stay on after turning FSDT sceneries off, so FSDT doesn't seem to be the problem. FSDT forum suggests I check with Orbx, so please let me know if you have a solution. I did the migration a few months back and my products are:

-FTX Global

-Orbx Libraries

-NA Northern California

-NA Northern Rockies

-NA Pacific Northwest

-NA Southern California

-KMRY

Thanks for the help,

Johan

2017-4-1_11-5-4-441.jpg

2017-4-1_11-5-54-193.jpg

Hi Johan,

compared to my screenshot it appears that some Global Base textures aren't displayed and also some of the blendmask files are missing causing those tiled edges.

Is the issue limited to Hawaii or do you see this in other locations as well? Also, are you perhaps using a third-party landclass add-on for Hawaii?

In your \Scenery\BASE\Scenery folder, what is the file date of "lclookup.bgl"? It should be May 2016.

Cheers, Holger

Global Base above Maui facing NW.jpg

Hi Holger,

I checked my  "lclookup.bgl" and it' s dated 5/17/16, so it should be fine.

Hawaii seems to be the only area where I have this problem, although I haven't flown the entire rest of the world to check :)

I am not  using any third-party landclass add-on for Hawaii. My sceneries are all coming from Orbx or FSDT. The Hawaii sceneries from FSDT are just local at Kahului, Honolulu and other small Hawaiian airports. 

I noticed that this problem started after Orbx changed their entire menu approach and FTX Central. The computer I am using is new with WIN10. I have kept my previous PC from which I did the transfer to the new. This previous PC is WIN 7 with the same FSX and sceneries that are prior to the Orbx upgrade. There are no blue textures in FSX on that old PC, so that's why I thought the issue could be related to the new installation process I had to use on the new PC. But I could be wrong...

Let me know if I should try to reinstall all my Orbx sceneries?

Thank you again,

Johan

Thank you for your response

• 5 months later...

Archived