FS9 and FSX AI Traffic Together?

flyguy737

Since FTX AI doesn't seem to like FS9 traffic files but I like both sims on my system is there anyway around this?

I use Ultimate traffic for FS9 and I like this proggy. I was only running with FSX for the last lot but since my new HD I went back to both. I also have Xplane 9 but don't use it much.

most of my flying is in FSX since FTX came along but I am still very fond of the work that JayKae did in Voz1.8 so I like to think I am getting the best of both worlds. But I need to find a solution to the traffic mess.

;D

I'm not really sure I fully understand your question.

If you have a FS9 setup with FS9 traffic files and that is in a different folder to your FSX setup with your FSX traffic files then you will be fine to continue to use both.

Many people, including myself, still have the old FS9 system on their computer alongside their FSX setup.

If however, you wish to run your FS9 traffic files on your FSX setup then you will have a problem. The best way to resolve that is to use a program like AI Flight Planner to convert the FS9 traffic files you wish to use in your FSX setup and all will be good. You can retain the FS9 version of the traffic files for use when flying in the old FS9 world.

All those posts refer to having a FS9 traffic file within your FSX file structure. You can have anything you like on your computer, just don't place FS9 traffic files within your FSX file structure.

The problem only arises when FSX loads traffic files, if there are any FS9 ones that it finds in the FSX active structure it will run those and ignore the FSX ones. If you keep your FS9 traffic files within the FS9 file structure then FSX is not going to find them.

You can have FS9, FSX, X Plane or any other package on your computer system, just make sure they are in their own separate folders on your computer and all will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Flyguy, just to correct you before Jay does, Jay is the system administrator and was also for Voz, the airfields and ai side of things was and still is in FSX/FTX done by a large team of developers. No biggie I just know that Jay would go to pains to let you know this also :)

Archived