NA Southern California Overwrites changed airport settings

AIXtreme2K

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I really hope this is the right Forum for the matter.

I need your help. I just bought the region NA Southern California for P3D (FSX). Everything works just great, but I noticed one thing I need your help with.

I changed by the use of the tool ADE the airport navaids for KSAN, means I edited the stock ILS frequency for KSAN RW 9 to the correct frequency.

Originally it was not the right frequency. After I installed ORBX NA Southern California the ILS frequency was changed again to the wrong, originally set frequency. At least it seems to me because I did not receive any ILS needles

while appraoching KSAN.

Can you tell me, where I can find the .bgl files for an airport which will load with Orbx installed? The got to be somewhere in the Orbx folder, but there are dozens of files.

Another thing I noticed is, that KLAS got a broken runway with a huge pile of sand lying right at the end of the runway. How comes?

Thank you very much!

Sorry for my bad english.

Karsten

Hello Karsten,

welcome to Orbx!

All the ADE-compiled airport files within an FTX Region are located in the corresponding FTX_{...}05_SCENERY/scenery folder, meaning you're looking for ADE_FTX_SCA_KSAN.bgl in \ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_SCA05_SCENERY\scenery.

As for KLAS your description sounds like a conflict with another airport add-on; search your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KLAS*.bgl . Once complete you should be able to sort the result by "Folder". What you're looking for are files that are outside the \Orbx\ subfolders or don't include "FTX" or "ORBX" in their names. Those files can then be deactivated by either renaming the file extension to "OFF" or similar or unchecking its folder in the scenery library menu. If you're not sure how to proceed post a list or screenshot of the search results with full file names and folder paths. 

Cheers, Holger

Archived