Need to uninstall due to FSX vs FSX SE joy?

I have just downloaded and installed my first Orbx product, FTX Global Iceland demo. Installing the FTX Central (v3.1.0.2) and Global libraries required.

I have FSX Steam (ONLY) on my rig. I used the FSX:SE installer; but FSX:SE doesn't seem to like it when I load a flight plan originating at BIRK or if manually select BIRK (Reykjavik) as the starting location in a free flight. FSX:SE keeps hanging.

Do I need to use the FSX or FSX:SE installer?

If that isn't the issue, do you know any other troubleshooting I can try?

Regards,

TCUK

Is there any chance of getting support for this problem? I am a new user and so far the experience is pretty poor when attempting to install and use an Orbx demo product.

I don't think I have an order number to quote as it was a free demo. If this isn't the case, please explain where I find an order number.

Regards,

TCUK

Thank you for the reply Nick.

"I used the FSX:SE installer " >> I think I was given an option of which FTX central installer version to download from the orbx website. From memory I selected the FSX:SE version and not the FSX version.

I have the following installed (all for the first time to use Iceland demo) .. FTX Central (v3.1.0.2), orbx libraries (under FTX Global range) and FTX Global Iceland demo. I believe the 'orbx Libraries' product is the only pre-requisite to use the Iceland demo?

I was prompted to accept the object flow module when I launched FSX:SE. I don't get any error messages, it just causes my sim to hang (either in free flight selection when I select departing from BIRK or when I try and go to BIRK in "Go to airport" from within the sim.

Even when I go to an airport away from Iceland, my sim is now very unstable and crashes to desktop very easily (for example when at EGLL, whilst still doing my pre-flght preparation if I make another window active such as notepad) - it was never this flaky until I installed orbx.

Any advice?

Regards,

Arne

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to uninstall FTX and remove the trial ORBX products as I haven't received any real support from ORBX. No real uninstall options provided either, not happy. I am going to uninstall my whole sim (FSX:SE) and hope it will work again. To top it all, FTX Central 3 won't allow me to use the uninstall option if no sim is installed on my rig, it just closes without allowing me to uninstall anything . What a REALLY BAD FEATURE ORBX! There is no warning of this in the Iceland demo user guide to say you need to uninstall ORBX scenery BEFORE you uninstall the simulator. :-( I think I'll give ORBX a wide berth for my simming add-on spend for a few years. Pretty hard to figure out how the ecosystem works, no real support.

Hello,

I am sorry you are not able to make the software work.

If you are correctly uninstalling FSX, you will be deleting the FSX folder in any case.

To remove all trace of FTX Central from your PC, please delete C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Orbx

and C:\Users\Your name\AppData\Local\Temp\Orbx.

Be sure to also delete the FSX and FSX-SE folders from your programdata and appdata folders.

Once you have done this, all trace of the Iceland demo will be gone from your PC.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Nick. I apologies that my previous post was rather terse, I was rather frustrated by the problem. I will try ORBX again soon, but I need to get my sim back to its original state before I try again.

Just out of interest, please can you confirm if ORBX FTX Central and Iceland demo are compatible with FSX:Steam Edition? Another user on the Steam forum seems to be having similar problems to me (his theory is that objectflow is causing FSX:SE to be VERY twitchy).

Regards,

Arne

Archived