Global Base installation stops

michael1508

Hi all,

I am trying to download my purchased Global Base. My disk (SSD) has 45 GB free space left.

The installer package has around 4GB. But the installer stops at 2.7 GB and the error log indicates missing disk space.

How much diskspace is needed? Would it help to try without backup, or with an external drive just for the installation process (will install a second SSD next week)

Thanks a lot

Michael

Couple of points Michael, first welcome to the forums.

Now to your question. I am no expert in disks but you seem to have very little space on your SSD currently. I don't know what GB size the SSD is but you should really I understand leave upto 20% free on a SSD. Also you lose capacity after disk installation.

My OS is on a 250GB SSD but if I check it's actual capacity it reads as 223GB not 250GB.

Regarding your actual query on downloading and installing Global, I believe one temporary solution would be to move your Temp folder to another drive if you have one. There are several topics/posts relating to how this is done. Of course if you currently don't have another disk then that will not work for you.

The best solution I can think of is waiting for you additional SSD.

You need really to clarify if you do actually have another SSD/HD available at this moment in time, then maybe a solution could be offered. Also provide details of which sim and PC specs, and what is on your current SSD. Like, is it your C drive, is you OS Windows on it as well as your sim?

Thanks jjaycee!

as I would only have an externaI drive available, I belive I must wait for my 2nd SSD to be delivered.

Currently I do have Windows on drive C and FSX with all addons on drive F, both on the same SSD (250 GB / ~ 235 GB effective).

C: using 81 of 87 GB

F: using 100 of 147 GB

will investige on the Temp folder - thanks for the hint

May I strongly recommend that when you do get your additional SSD that you reinstall your FSX onto the new one and remove it from the C drive. There are many reasons for this which you can read about including "permissions" restrictions. I personally would have the second SSD dedicated to FSX. Your OS to remain on C drive plus any other utility programmes like antivirus etc.

Use your external drive for storing backups of addons and anything else you want to store.

Of course I am unsure how addicted to FSX you are or will be, but addons will be a great Disk filler as you progress, hence my suggestions. My C drive as I mentioned is a 250 GB SSD and has Window 10 on it plus some other programmes unrelated to P3D. I have 180GB space left. It allows me freedom to download into the temp folder a lot of GB downloads, which I would then install and then move to an external drive for storage.

Anyway, just a suggestion, It is of course your decision to make.

PS I would get at least a 500GB SSD if not a 1TB but that depends on your wallet capacity:)

Archived